Position Specific Description
In this role you will be responsible for late-stage greenfield development across the country. You will work closely with the Regional Project Director that has broader accountability for all projects within their region. To be successful in this role you must have the excitement and energy necessary to learn all aspects of renewable energy project development, be flexible and adaptable, a team player, and balance ever changing priorities.
This role has four primary responsibilities:
- support negotiation of definitive project agreements (ie Power Purchase Agreements (PPA), land leases, crossing agreements, PILOT agreements etc.)
- registration of all state level incentives (Solar Renewable Energy Credits, other regional and local incentives/registrations, etc.)
- lead/support obtaining all project level non-discretionary permits (ie Planning and Zoning, environmental, road-use, etc.),
- lead/support development of presentation and present to senior Management seeking project capital approval
In this role you will interface with numerous subject matter experts (SMEs), including but not limited to engineering & construction, environmental, commercial legal, real estate legal, tax, accounting, and origination.
Travel for this role will fluctuate, while a Lead Project Manager is expected to travel ~40% of the time, actual travel is dependent on the requirements of the department and project need. Practical experience in solar project development, including real estate acquisition, land and title matters, permitting, interconnection, community outreach, and PPA negotiations is preferred but not required.
Employees in this role develop and execute plans for new and enhanced generation projects. This job is responsible for resource allocation, schedules, cost and technical adequacy, ensuring the project or transaction is completed in the most cost effective and competitive manner. This position manages all aspects of the business deal and ensures the project is completed timely and within budgetary constraints.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of the day to day transaction process to ensure timely completion as well as a cost effective and competitive result
- Leads and coordinates key functions such as financial feasibility analyses, engineering/design, project legal review, permitting activities and financial negotiations
- Coordinates due diligence activities with other internal groups to ensure proper analysis and structuring of assigned projects
- Acts as liaison between internal and external specialists regarding procurement, contracting, permitting and interconnection
- Constructs contractual arrangements for project development
- Negotiates agreements with consultants and subcontractors
- Ensures compliance with applicable technical and regulatory requirements
- Fosters external relationships with customers, third parties and members of the community
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad/GED
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 4+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Business Development
Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami