Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy is ranked No. 1 among electric and gas utility companies in Fortune® magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies®." Join a team that’s among the very best…at NextEra Energy Resources.
As a Wind Site Manager, you will direct all wind farm operations for maintenance and repair. You will focus on performance and profitability within the framework of the operating plan including developing and executing strategy for improved maintenance, diagnostic, and operation to provide additional customer value and reduce cost of service. Additional duties may include:
- Implementing Operation Safety Policy Instructions, conducting field work in compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) applicable regulations, encourage good employee safety practices, and drive an unparalleled employee safety culture
- Participating and leading Business Lean Six Sigma processes and projects
- Recruiting, developing, retaining, leading, and advancing resources at sites driving professional standards and matrix development of team
- Demonstrating responsibility for all phases of timely safety and environmental reporting, financial reporting, and turbine availability
- Working closely with internal NextEra users to develop and implement operation focused feedback and solutions for planned and unplanned maintenance, improvement projects, development, and financial performance
- Presenting a positive professional representation of NextEra Energy in the community and with the customer
- Directing the performance of wind field operation within assigned contractual scope of responsibilities to external customers and/or stakeholders
Ideal candidate will have bachelor's degree or an additional 6 years of experience in a related position, minimum of 5 years of experience in a field services leadership role, preferably with wind turbines or rotating equipment, ability to work effectively in a matrix environment and within all levels of the organization, executive presentation skills, Six Sigma green belt or equivalent quality certification, knowledge of network infrastructure, communication protocols and web technology, proven record of P&L responsibilities strong analytical capabilities and ability to thrive in cross functional and team environments.
Leaders in this job oversee the Operations and Maintenance activities for a wind energy project. Individuals are responsible for the overall safe and reliable operation of the wind sites.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensures compliance to all Power Generation Division (PGD) operational model processes
• Leads by example and emulates the PGD shared values
• Develops cost-effective operations and maintenance programs
• Interfaces with land owners, utilities, regulatory agencies, and local government and community representatives
• Monitors and controls plant budget
• Ensures that contractual obligations are met
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 5+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience: 5+ years
• Valid Driver's License (NON CDL)
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.