Position Specific Description
This position serves as a safety and health professional providing support to the Power Generation Division management and employees. Working from the Juno Beach Florida Office under limited supervision, this fast paced position requires strategizing and maximizing safety resources across 150+ U.S. renewable power generation (i.e. Wind, Fossil, Solar, and Battery Storage) sites. Under limited guidance, responsible for representing the NEER renewable fleet and negotiating with external agencies/organizations regarding critical and/or controversial issues. Provides regulatory interpretation of OSHA regulations and works collaboratively with operational personnel at all levels to implement and ensure compliance. Identifies key strategic initiatives and leads safety tactical initiatives and teams to provide technical guidance on procedures and processes to assure employee safety. Provides on-site safety coaching, training and leadership and performs injury analysis and recommends corrective actions. Recommends and leads enhancements for safety management system and safety culture maturation and continuous improvement. Job may include other duties as assigned.
Following are highly desired qualifications:
- Experience in Electric Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution or similar industrial experience
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269, 1926, ANSI and NESC
- Experience with OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
- Experience in safety and health program leadership
- Experience in Safety Management Systems development, procedures and processes
- Experience developing and delivering safety and health training
- Experience in leading safety event investigations
- Ability to communicate effectively to team members at all levels and a broad variety of forums including large groups
- Strong written communication skills both technical, formal, and informal
- Strong technical skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Excel, etc.)
- Proven ability to engage with and influence cross-functional teams, to include external stakeholders
- Self-motivated to take on new tasks/projects with minimal supervision
- Strong ability to identify safety and health risks/hazards in a field environment and provide practical recommendations for mitigation
- Industrial hygiene program technical knowledge and experience a plus
This position requires up to 40% travel to remote generation sites in the U.S. and, on occasion, Canada.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field, preferably in Safety Engineering/Management or Occupational Health, and two plus (2+) years of experience in the Energy or Utility industry OR a minimum of five (5) years of Safety experience in a leadership role. Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is highly desired.
Employees in this job work with the safety tactical teams to provide technical guidance on procedures and processes to assure employee safety and compliance with OSHA regulations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides onsite support to power plants to provide technical guidance on compliance issues, training, and site assessments
• Partners to develop and implement best practices and proactive initiatives aimed at eliminating injuries and illnesses
• Supports programs to achieve an injury-free lifestyle vision that extends to off-duty injury prevention
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Technical / Functional Excellence/Learning
• Process Management Concepts
• Quality Tools and Techniques
• Effective Written Communications
• Effective Verbal Communications
• High School Grad / GED
• Safety Policy and Practice
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience:2+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience:0+ years
Employee Group: Exempt
Employee Type: Full Time
Job Category: Health & Safety
Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
Where permitted by applicable law, NextEra Energy requires all employees and new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination on or before the first day of employment.
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
NextEra Energy and provides reasonable accommodation in its application and selection process for qualified individuals, including accommodations related to compliance with conditional job offer requirements, consistent with federal, state, and local laws. Supporting medical or religious documentation will be required where applicable and permitted by applicable law. To request a reasonable accommodation, please send an e-mail to email@example.com, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see our policy for more information.
Nearest Major Market: Palm Beach
Nearest Secondary Market: Miami