The Data Analyst will support adhoc analytics across the Carhartt enterprise, spanning across domains that related to business unit verticals, merchandising, planning, order management, supply chain and distribution. The Data Analyst will consume, compile and analyze data from our Azure BI Environment, Enterprise Data Warehouse, source systems (i.e. SAP, IBM Planning Analytics, WMi). They may also engage with Data Science predictive model inputs, outputs and underlying data in order to assess viability of potential results or validate and contextualize model results against business KPI’s, and present findings in a way that is summarized and approachable to business users.
We are All Leaders at Carhartt
In our words and by our actions, we strive to emulate the hardworking example set forth by our founder, Hamilton Carhartt. We Lead Business by creating value, delivering on results, and making changes along the way. We Lead Self by being inclusive, recognizing that our differences make us stronger as we strive to build a better world, together, for all hardworking people. We Lead Others by communicating and clearly defining the path as we walk bravely into the future. Working at Carhartt, we are all given a seat at the table and the honor of continuing the legacy.
• Conduct adhoc analyses on many types of business questions pertaining to overall operations of the business, often on short turn times
• Present findings to business partners and leaders of all levels as needed
• Peer review analysis across Data Science team and business unit analytics teams, providing feedback and recommendations related to best way to look at business
• Advocate for data quality and integrity by performing thorough QA and research where necessary into anomalies and system vs. dataset differences
• Use production dashboards to draw insights and drive recommendations; maintain strong awareness of what exists to avoid creation of redundant items and further the development of existing solutions
• Build dashboards using Power BI application that allow end users to interact with data findings
• Work with BI Engineering team to promote dashboards to production following dashboard standards and passing performance checks
• Create stories for BI & Data engineering teams regarding relevant data elements and metrics that would be helpful for ongoing analysis
Bachelor's Degree Required in Analytics or Statistics or Related Field
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 2-3 years of related work experience.
• Intermediate knowledge of visualization tools such as Power BI or Tableau required
• Experience providing analytics in retail/supply chain environment highly preferred
• Experience with source systems used at Carhartt highly preferred (S4 Hana, WMi)
• Ability to read and write SQL queries with moderate to intermediate proficiency on structured databases
• Advanced communication skills (verbal & written) and demonstrated active listening
• Strong curiosity and critical thinking skills
• Advanced Excel knowledge and demonstrated application of complex formulas & functions
Willing to work some weekends if necessary
Hybrid location: Associate will work on-site regularly as needed for work activities.