Founded more than 165 years ago, Anheuser-Busch is one of America’s most iconic companies and the undisputed leader of the U.S. beer industry, with brands such as Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Stella Artois and many more. We are proud of our history and heritage and remain committed to brewing the great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations.
Today, we are 18,000 colleagues strong—spread out across the country, united by a deep passion for making great products and an unwavering commitment to supporting the communities that we call home. Dreaming big is in our DNA, and we are now writing the next chapter in Anheuser-Busch’s great history – one of growth, innovation, responsibility and sustainability. And one that will help us achieve our mission of bringing people together for the next 165 years and beyond.
We hope you will consider joining us on this mission!
The Job & The Team
“BeerTech” is a new function inside Anheuser-Busch, which operates like a startup. BeerTech is responsible for building software products that are a competitive advantage to our business and comprises three technical guilds (Data Engineering, Data Science, Software Engineering) which support our Product Office.
As a member of the UI/UX Engineering team, you will design and build frontend systems and graphics that change and augment human interactions with new and existing processes. This will entail understanding existing processes, simplifying them and embedding machine learning into every step in the user journey and helping the user learn with machines as they get smarter together. You will also have the opportunity to influence architecture and the technology stack to promote quality and innovation necessary for industry changing experiences.
What you will do
· Understanding existing processes and workflows through direct interactions with end users and cross-functional process owners.
· Harvest and study user & application telemetry to better understand human interactions with technology.
·Synthesis information and data from Users, Process Owners, Data Scientists and Telemetry systems influence into enhanced user journeys by delivering interactive wireframes.
·Daily interactions with Product, Data Science and Data Engineering teams to promote and integrate new technologies and reusable components.
· Develop, and deploy features continuously with automated unit testing and integration testing.
· Daily code reviews to promote high quality, high speed iterations and frequent production deployments.
· Contribute to our long term technical roadmap.
Who we are looking for
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or related engineering field.
Real-world experience developing scalable software.
Experience in designing user experiences and building user interfaces.
Passion and ability for esthetics, design, colors, user psychology and experimentation.
Experience with high velocity CI/CD systems, Agile ways of working and A/B testing to accelerate iteration cycles.
· TypeScript, React
· GraphQL and REST API’s
· Micro-service architecture
· A/B testing
· Unit testing, integration testing
· Cloud systems (Azure, AWS, GCP)
Benefits & Work perks
We offer generous benefit plan options that can be tailored for your needs and wellbeing:
· Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness and Tax-Advantaged Savings and Spending Accounts
· Life Insurance and Disability Income Protection
· Generous Parental Leave and FMLA policies
· 401(k) Retirement Savings options with a generous company matching contribution
· Chance to work in a fast-paced environment among a company of owners
· Free Beer!