Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc (BPMI) is seeking a Welding Engineer.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
- Engineering duties may include a combination of several of the following functions involving design, fabrication, installation, and refurbishment of equipment:
- review/preparation of welding and process instructions, standards, and specifications;
- preparation, follow, and reporting of welding development programs;
- surveillance and oversight of supplier processing and fabrication procedures;
- analysis of welding conditions;
- troubleshooting and failure analysis;
- assisting with in-service inspections and evaluations.
- Minimum of two years of experience preferred for newer college graduates.
- Application of welding in the design and fabrication of equipment. Preparation and interpretation of welding specifications and standards, and the metallurgy of materials to fabricate plant equipment or pressure vessels is desirable.
- B.S. in Welding Engineering, Materials Science, or Metallurgical Engineering (with an interest in physical metallurgy) from an accredited college or university required.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Welding Engineering, Materials Science, or Metallurgical Engineering (with an interest in physical metallurgy) preferred.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.