Bechtel Plant Machinery, Inc. (BPMI) is seeking a materials or metallurgical engineer.
BPMI is a prime contractor for the United States Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program (NNPP). We are a project engineering organization responsible for providing design, manufacturing, and procurement management for the fabrication, testing, delivery, installation, and field support of high quality nuclear power plant components for installation in submarines and aircraft carriers.
- Engineering duties may include a combination of several of the following functions involving design, fabrication, installation, and refurbishment of equipment:
- preparation of material and process instruction, standards, manuals, and specifications.
- preparation, follow, and reporting of material development programs.
- materials engineering oversight of supplier processing, and fabrication procedures.
- analysis of material conditions.
- troubleshooting; failure analysis.
- assisting with in-service inspections and evaluations.
- B.S. in in Materials Science, Metallurgical, or Welding Engineering (with an interest in physical metallurgy).
- M.S. preferred.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 is preferred for newer college graduates.
- Must be a U.S. citizen due to government security clearance requirements. In order to work at BPMI, applicants must complete a Federal background investigation and be granted a security clearance.
- Four to ten years of experience preferred.
- Application of materials and processes in the design and fabrication of equipment. Preparation and interpretation of specifications and standards for metallic and nonmetallic materials and processes, and the metallurgy of materials to fabricate plant equipment or pressure vessels is desirable.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive Health Care, Dental, and Vision
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 9/80 work schedule option
- Competitive Vacation and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education and Training
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.