When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As the Manager of Talent and Succession Planning, you’ll lead the strategic approach, design and continuous improvement of our talent and succession planning processes. You’ll ensure that the program and strategy is integrated, aligned, and complements other major Talent areas, and supports the overall organization’s strategic, digital and cultural transformation.
- Reviewing external/internal landscape and craft recommendations to strategically position Verizon’s Talent and Succession Planning processes to ensure focus on identifying and developing talent in alignment with key business priorities
- Leading benchmarking research to evaluate industry trends and best practices in Talent Management
- Developing short- and long-term recommendations to evolve the Talent and Succession practice, in alignment with broader digital and cultural transformation
- Collaborating with the HR team and business leaders to understand business needs and provide direction on enterprise best practices
- Evolving frameworks and processes to enable HR and business leaders to continue to drive the talent agenda forward
- Leveraging technology platforms and data intelligence to identify trends in Talent data and provide insights and recommendations for action
- Servingas an advisor to HR and business leaders on strategy and processes
- Identifying opportunities to integrate end to end with other talent processes
- Supporting measurement of impact/ROI of Talent and Succession processes
- Providing support on additional initiatives across the Talent landscape (e.g., Performance Management).
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of talent management, talent programs, and/or succession planning experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Advanced degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, or equivalent preferred.
- HRBP experience or experience working in an HR COE.
- Ability to manage projects with multiple stakeholders and requiring enterprise wide implementation/change management.
- Excellent oral communication skills through demonstrated persuasive communication and knowledge sharing at all levels of the organization (e.g.,executive communications), both in person and virtually.
- Knowledge of best practices in talent management.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Skills with working in ambiguous business situations.
- Experience working with data, analytics, and generating insights.
- Experience supporting transformation programs and large-scale change initiatives.
- Experience identifying and maintaining critical KPI metrics to proactively identify the success of programs and approaches to ensure focused outcomes are achieved.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.