When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Data Analytics Manager will be a member of Verizon’s Value Based Marketing (VBM) Team, which is accountable for delivering 60 Billion dollars in Annual Revenue across both the Consumer Mobile and Consumer Home businesses. Specifically, the VBM Performance Management team is responsible for establishing targets, monitor and report on performance, identify gaps and opportunities and help develop strategic recommendations. You will work at the intersection of data base management, marketing and finance.
- Supporting the Performance Management team, as well as the broader VBM team in SQL-related requests, including analysis as well as present findings and strategic recommendations.
- Building, automating, and maintaining complex SQL queries and data marts which compile performance data necessary for analysis of strategy effectiveness.
- Leveraging data visualization technologies to maximize performance and help identify opportunities to the broader VBM team.
- Working closely with the VBM marketing teams by participating and understanding CAR promo strategies, monitor and deliver performance results with strategic recommendations.
- Tracking and report on marketing program performance and value to Verizon.
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You have extensive knowledge of the data warehouse (Mobile, Home or both) and are able to solve complex reporting requests, often acting in a consultant-like fashion to understand the requestors’ needs in order to provide the most efficient, value-add data and analysis. You are a strategic and analytical thinker who can retrieve and analyze data to make appropriate process/business decisions/recommendations to help shape consumer strategy.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience working with relational databases and SQL reporting.
- One year of experience in Tableau development or similar visualization tools.
- Experience in Teradata BTEQ, Multiload and other Batch tools.
- Experience with PowerShell, .NET, Python or similar language for automation.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing, Finance or Engineering or four or more years of work experience.
- Ability to lead, problem solve and work multiple projects simultaneously through multitasking, prioritization, and negotiating expectations.
- Experience with advanced Python Libraries like Tensorflow, fbprophet.
- Forecasting experience using machine learning/artificial intelligence experience.
- Marketing and/or financial reporting experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.