The Materials Supervisor will oversee all planning, purchasing and warehouse functions of AMP while working closely with Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, and Safety groups. In this role, you will develop, implement, and manage the production planning process and perform supply chain strategic action items as assigned.
Purchasing / Planning:
- Plan production and purchasing requirements for AMP.
- Issue a clear production plan and perform plan versus actuals monitoring (compliance to schedule).
- Provide priorities to the production floor to best utilize available labor.
- Update ERP system with expected production and shipping dates on due products.
- Read and understand ERP reports, stock status reports, material variance reports, and customer order shortage reports and use them to improve KPI performance
- Review open requirements, monitor vendor performance, and expedite when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining optimal inventory levels between the plant and distribution centers.
- Ensure that items that are shipped from the plant get delivered in a timely manner to distribution centers.
- RAW and MRO purchasing
- Lead, supervise and support the warehouse team as direct reports
- Enforce warehouse safety rules and policies.
- Promote constant motivation among staff to achieve an efficient and effective warehouse administration
Supply Chain Governance:
- Responsible for maintaining planning master data accuracy.
- Review invoices for purchased commodities as required by accounts payable and ensure that documentation is correct.
- Resolve discrepancy problems with Accounts Payable and vendors in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business related field.
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles managing direct reports
- Must be capable of working in an independent, self-directed manner and be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Highly skilled in PC applications and ERP systems.
- Successful track record of achievements.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated team skill
- CPIM, CSCP or similar supply chain certification
- Experience with Oracle’s Peoplesoft ERP system
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
Please submit resumes to Efrain Iniguez via email: email@example.com.
Rain Bird Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer