When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will play a lead role in identifying and developing new OEM products and launching those products to customers and the Telematics organization. You will work with key stakeholders to include cross functional internal teams and customers to create strategic prioritization to add value and ease customer pain points as well as look for opportunities to drive innovation and revenue.
The primary accountabilities associated with this position include:
- Defining go-to-market strategies, roadmap, and Time Horizon planning for the product or area.
- Leveraging an opportunity evaluation methodology, whereby priorities can be set based on business and customer value opportunities.
- Positioning products effectively, including articulating customer problems and solutions and partnering with product marketing to craft product messaging briefs for product launch cycles.
- Serving as an authority on market trends, emerging technologies, and competitive landscapes.
- Working directly with engineering team to create high- quality products.
- Partnering closely with UX and Design to translate product vision and strategy into great a customer experience.
- Fostering a culture of innovation and a fail-fast philosophy.
Where you’ll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years working directly with the customer on customer-facing products.
- Experience working on SaaS and Mobile products.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- A strong customer service orientation (i.e., always starting with the customer first and working back, actively building customer relationships and understanding their goals and pain points, acting as the customer’s voice).
- An entrepreneurial spirit (i.e., setting a product vision and strategy around the needs of our customers and growing our business).
- Five or more years in Product Management or related field, such as project management in an OEM environment.
- Five or more years of experience working with Software Engineering and UX/ Design teams.
- Experience with global companies with distributed teams and an international environment.
- Experience working with OEMs and SAAS technologies.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.