When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Senior Manager of Mobile HW responsible for Chipsets / Modules ecosystem growth, H/W Supplier Roadmap Alignment, Battery/BT/Ancillary Tech Alignment, Device/Products Launch Support, RF and Antenna Performance, IoT in Verizon Device Technology Team. This role will lead a team of subject matter experts and play a key role in driving strategy, trials and device technical requirements/test plans.
- Lead chipset and module vendors to create aecosystem for VzW devices.
- Manage OEM to create industry leading feature sets that will set VzW apart from competition.
- Identify areas of opportunity for new products and enhancements of existing products.
- Track new network technologies. In addition to internal requests, the team will also review evolving standards, vendor proposals and industry publications as potential new features.
- Lead the team to create long term strategies to differentiate VzW devices and create new revenues.
- Develop new products and supporting device vendors in execution of trial work to certify new technologies.
- Partner with cross-functional management peers to ensure successful deployment of project/product opportunities across device portfolios.
- Provide test planning support to ensure billions of dollars of retail devices are available in the retail stores and enterprise channels.
- Drive OEM/ODM and hardware suppliers to ensure they understand our requirements, deliver quality products and resolve bugs as quickly as possible.
- Build relationships with our internal customers (operations, maintenance engineering, consumer team) so that when issues arise they can be handled discretely and quickly, and so that the teams work well together. This ensures that bugs and issues found bubble up quickly and are resolved.
- Work with 5G ecosystem and Enterprise product teams to incubate and accelerate validation of the technology.
- Encourage the team to reduce cost of certification by eliminating obsolete test cases and scripting existing and new test cases.
- Close collaboration with chipset, device and test equipment vendors for delivering high quality products.
- Develop and communicate team goals as well as track team accomplishments. Recruit excellent team members, establish roles and responsibilities.
- Clearly define tasks to team members to keep accountability towards achievement of team goals.
- Motivate and mentor team members to establish and accomplish business goals.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science.
- Supervisory or managerial experience.
- Experience in engineering, development and analysis of wireless technology.
- Experience in building technology team.
- Knowledge of device software platforms (Android, iOS, Windows).
- Knowledge of wireless device development process lifecycle.
- Experience in technical leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative ability.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
- Presentation skills.
- Experience in managing the performance of direct reports. This includes being able to effectively coach and give feedback for both good and poor performance.
- Experience working with suppliers and internal teams in the definition of technical product requirements and design throughout product development cycles.
- Ability to influence organizational direction and departmental initiatives working with all leadership levels.
- Knowledgeof cellular network design and operations.
- Knowledge of CDMA (1XRTT, EVDO), 4G LTE, 5G and IMS.
- Knowledge and working experience with IMS/VoIP/Video Calling/Presence and related protocols: SIP, SDP, RTP, RTCP, UDP, TCP.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.