When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Senior Technical Writer is responsible for producing high-quality documentation that contributes to the overall success of our products.
- Working collaboratively with product managers, developers, network engineers, and solution architects to obtain an in-depth understanding of the products, solutions and documentation requirements.
- Planning, developing, maintaining, coordinating, organizing, and managing documentation, Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) for multiple Technical Data Packages (TDP), training documentation, operational procedures, and manuals.
- Researching, developing, and documenting technical design specifications and test plan documentation.
- Writing easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides.
- Producing electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals.
- Creating tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications, hardware, and software.
- Producing high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Maintaining a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Analyzing documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Managing updates and revisions to technical literature.
- Analyzing existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
Where you'll be working...
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in technical writing of documentation (e.g., SOPs, CONOPS, test plans, testing documentation, training documentation, technical solution documents, product and service descriptions).
- Ability to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- The ability to deliver high-quality documentation requiring a particular attention to detail.
- The ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- The ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Basic familiarity with the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.