When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As an entry level Quality Assurance Automation Engineer, you will work closely with other QA team members in designing and developing automated tests to ensure all new code is functioning properly and the system requirements have been successfully implemented.
- Utilize open source tools or develop custom scripts for automating tests involving both back-end processing systems and front-end Web-based GUIs.
- Define, document, and execute detailed test plans to exercise system functionality.
- Use technical skills to troubleshoot user interface, application, or backend systems/database issues.
- Participate in project review meetings, providing testing metrics/status and notifying management of critical failures and missed milestones.
- Use bug tracking software to track and report issues.
Where you'll be working...
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
What we’re looking for...
You enjoy using your analytical mind to solve complex problems. You work well in teams and can communicate effectively. You are passionate about finding solutions in a fast-paced environment.
You'll need to have
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technical experience in corporate or project setting; QA automation and/or software development experience.
- Linux experience.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a condition of employment.
Event better if you have
- College degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or relevant engineering field.
- Experience with Java development.
- Database knowledge.
- Experience with test automation tools.
- Exposure to telecomm domain, networking protocols, communications products.
- Scripting experience (Python and/or Shell)
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.