When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This opportunity is for Military personnel who are current participants of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Customers expect our networks to perform at a high level all the time. That’s where you come in. You will investigate, evaluate and resolve network and data performance issues to ensure efficient and reliable service for our customers. The work you’ll be doing will directly impact customer satisfaction and help keep us ahead of the competition.
- Monitoring the system’s performance, including network LTE, 5G, and finding ways to make improvements or mitigate potential problems.
- Resolving service-impacting issues, sometimes using non-traditional, out-of-the-box solutions.
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints, often through drive testing, field visits, and efforts to replicate the customer experience.
- Working cross-functionally to deploy and optimize components for best efficiency and reliability.
- Owning the investigation of Root Metrics/Baseline/Nielsen, and the coordination and implementation of complex network directives.
- Crafting pre- and post-cell site/carrier add templates and checklists for LTE & 5G, also making sure site/carriers are properly integrated into network and optimized for peak performance.
- Driving an engineering process improvement and data intelligence and modern technology driven (API, data model, etc.) automation.
- Proactive monitoring of network for ensuring the accuracy of the KPI data, early detection of the problems and developing a mitigation plan.
- Troubleshooting support for complex network issues.
Where you'll be working:
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel
- A valid driver's license
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master's degree.
- Knowledge of IrisView, nGenius One, IntelliSight, or Brix.
- Experience with OBIEE reports, IBM Cognos, Splunk, Tableau, Minitab, MS-Visio, or MS-Project.
- Subject Matter Expert in wireless communication technologies (LTE/IoT/VoLTE, 5G, RAN, …) with six or more years of relevant industry experience.
- In-depth understanding of mobile and data communications standards (3GPP, IETF,…)
- Hands-on experience in implementing RAN technology trials with successful KPI improvements.
- Data Science or Analytics experience using Tableau data with Python, SQL, and backend data integration skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.