Who are we looking for?
If you dream of designing robust front end user interfaces that easily and flawlessly connect to backend utilities while allowing users to work seamlessly to achieve their end goal, we have the right opportunity for you!
Expedition Technology is currently seeking experienced software developers who enjoy both front end and backend work to join a team that is marrying the latest advances in machine learning technology with attractive, functional user interfaces that will allow the user to receive the results they need quickly, easily and accurately.
If you think you have what it takes to fulfill our mission, we want to talk to you!
What would you be responsible for?
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js and other front end technologies
- Partnering with user interface developers to plan the flow of data between application layers
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Building and maintaining a framework of modular web components that can be used across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
What qualifications are we seeking?
- U.S. Citizenship required for US Government-issued security clearance purposes (must be eligible to obtain and maintain a security clearance of Top Secret or higher)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in computer science, software engineering, computer engineering or a comparable field
- 5+ years professional experience in a technology field in a similar role
- Ability to work collaboratively with developers, engineers, and other teams to ensure that designs are successfully created and implemented to achieve the user goals
- An understanding and working knowledge of source control repositories (Git preferred)
- Experience consuming and designing REST APIs and integration with data-intensive backend systems
- Experience with Cloud applications (AWS or GCP) and/or container-based development/deployment workflows
- Experience testing using Jest, Cypress and/or Storybook
- A passion for new languages, technologies, and development practices
“Nice-to-have” qualifications include:
- Active US Government security clearance of Top Secret or higher
- A background in Docker, Python, Sqlalchemy for integration
Why work at Expedition Technology?
We are proud that our dynamic and collaborative culture along with our generous benefits package allowed us to earn a spot on the 2019, 2020 and the 2021 Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work List. We are also a 2021 Top Workplace as named by the Washington Post.
We offer a robust benefits package designed to meet the varying needs of our team. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (company-paid through an Individual Benefit Account)
- Health Care Savings Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Up to 45 days of PTO
- Dependent Care Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement of up to $5250/year
- 401k with up to 12% company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Conference attendance
- Free tickets to sporting and theater events
- A supportive, collaborative culture that puts our people first
- Professional development, advancement, learning and growth opportunities
Who is Expedition Technology?
We are an employee-owned defense and aerospace technology small business that has become a market leader in developing software applications incorporating advanced machine learning algorithms for the DOD and Intelligence Communities.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.