Expedition Technology’s innovative software team is taking the lead on Umbra, a major program for the Intel Community. Called the Training Data Storefront (TDS), the program seeks to achieve what has not been done before – to design, develop and deploy a central repository of AI/ML annotations and models that serves the entire Department of Defense and Intelligence Community in order to address today’s critical defense problems.
Our Umbra, you will have the opportunity to experience the full lifecycle of modern software development: from Agile scrums designing new TDS features, developing new capabilities using the latest open-source frameworks, to directly working with end-users to ensure TDS is solving their mission needs. At EXP, your work will make a direct impact to the community from day one.
We are seeking an experienced Software Architect to join our Umbra team. Our software architect will oversee the development environment and make high level decisions destined to take our operational system to the next level. You will see the “big picture,” identify areas for improvement, and propose architectural approaches for software design and implementation that guides the development team. You’ll use your strong technical background to effectively communicate your vision to the larger team. Our goal is to provide a framework for the efficient development of software that will benefit the many end-users that depend on our system.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Collaborate with other EXP team members to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Communicate all concepts and guidelines to development team
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility etc.
- Approve final product before deployment
Here’s what you need to succeed:
- Proven experience as software architect
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (Python, React/AngularJS, NonSQL, SQL databases)
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Comfortable with CI/CD processes in an AWS environment
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities and ability to work as a leader of a high-performing team
When you join our team:
At EXP, you will receive a flexible, self-directed benefits package designed to fit your individual needs. Highlights include:
- Company-paid, medical, dental and vision insurance
- Up to 45 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Individual Benefit Account (IBA) with generous company contribution
- Supplemental bonus potential
- Up to 12% 401k match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Team member referral program
- Free tickets to sporting events, theater, concerts and more
Who is Expedition Technology?
Expedition Technology designs, develops, and delivers innovative, advanced signal, image, and multi-INT solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. We leverage advanced algorithms, platforms, and technologies to solve our customers’ most complex, demanding, and urgent C4ISR challenges. Our culture promotes individual growth and opportunity, prioritizes a collaborative team spirit, and invites the intellectually curious to creatively solve challenging problems. Headquartered in Northern Virginia’s high-tech corridor, EXP is a rapidly growing, privately held, employee-owned company that pushes the boundaries of what is possible every day.
To learn more about EXP and discover why we are an award-winning workplace, visit our web site and follow us on LinkedIn.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes diversity promotes an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, or protected veteran status.