Are you a creative problem solver that enjoys taking on the most challenging problems and engineering the most creative solutions? If so, Expedition Technology (EXP) is the place for you!
We are seeking experienced signal processing software engineers to join our team. If you possess a strong DSP background with proven capabilities against a range of wireless protocols, experience with research and development, and a broad software development background, there is a place for you on our team.
If you embrace the challenge and join us, you will:
- Collaborate with a team to develop, design, and implement complex signal processing solutions in various systems
- Develop advanced machine learning algorithms and techniques in application areas including radar, electronic warfare, sonar, SIGINT, RF geo-location and image processing systems
- Analyze complex problems and phenomenology with focus on developing signal processing and machine learning models to process and understand signal data faster, more accurately and more efficiently
- Transition operational signal processing based neural networks to real-time systems, field-ready software applications and/or prototype demonstrations
Required qualifications include:
- Must be a US Citizen in order to be eligible for a US Government-issued security clearance
- BA/BS, MS or PhD degree with relevant experience in electrical engineering/signal processing, physics, applied mathematics, computer science, or related technical discipline
- A strong background in applied digital signal processing and communication theory
- Experience with the architecture definition, design, and integration of communication and/or radar systems
- Proven ability to develop, define, design, and implement signal processing solutions in complex systems
- Ability to rapidly prototype algorithm concepts and ideas and make insightful decisions on research and development directions to enhance system performance
- Ability to conduct literature review to determine state-of-the-art, incorporate recent research, and apply it to current problem sets
- Ability to translate customer requirements to determine development focus
- Strong Python (or similar scientific computing) programming skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to describe complex technical concepts to fellow engineers as well as to non-technical people
- Must be a US Citizen (for security clearance requirement)
Who is Expedition Technology?
Expedition Technology designs, develops, and delivers innovative, advanced signal, image, and multi-INT solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. We leverage advanced algorithms, platforms, and technologies to solve our customers’ most complex, demanding, and urgent C4ISR challenges. Our culture promotes individual growth and opportunity, prioritizes a collaborative team spirit, and invites the intellectually curious to creatively solve challenging problems. Headquartered in Northern Virginia’s high-tech corridor, EXP is a rapidly growing, privately held, employee-owned company that pushes the boundaries of what is possible every day.
Interested in joining our team? Let’s explore together.
To learn more about EXP and discover why we are an award-winning workplace, visit our web site and follow us on LinkedIn.
What do we offer our team?
Expedition Technology (EXP) offers a flexible, self-directed benefits package that is designed to fit your individual needs. Benefits include:
- Company-paid, medical, dental and vision insurance
- Up to 45 days of PTO
- 12% 401k match - Traditional and Roth options available
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement - $5250/year available
- Referral bonus program
- Free tickets to sporting events, theater, concerts and more
- Free, onsite fitness center, onsite cafeteria with reduced-cost meals
- A collaborative, creative and supportive culture where you will be encouraged to push boundaries, take risks and enjoy the rewards.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.