Expedition Technology (EXP), is seeking motivated software engineers to join our Umbra team whose mission is to develop, deploy, and maintain the Training Data Storefront (TDS). TDS is the central repository of AI/ML annotations and models that serves the entire Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC). TDS plays a fundamental role in addressing today’s critical defense and intelligence problems.
On the Umbra team, you will experience the full lifecycle of modern software development; from Agile scrum meetings, designing new TDS features, developing new capabilities using the latest open-source frameworks, to directly working with end-users to ensure TDS is solving their mission needs. At EXP, your work will make an impact to the community from day one.
As a member of our team, you will:
- work with an extremely talented, motivated, supportive and welcoming team in an Agile ecosystem.
- perform software systems development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of cutting-edge software programs and products.
- work together with your team to determine overall application design, gather requirements, develop tools and enhancements and deploy enterprise-wide solutions.
- develop solutions to complex issues that involve employing creativity, technical prowess and out-of-the-box thinking to achieve results.
Does that sound like a challenge you’d like to embrace?
We are seeking Senior Software Engineers who will work alongside a team of talented developers that are building the future of intelligence applications. We hire people who excel at what they do and empower them to innovate with flexibility and autonomy.
Here are the skills you’ll need to succeed:
- At least 5+ years of full-stack development experience in AWS Cloud environments
- Fundamental understanding of cloud computing concepts and fundamentals (serverless, scalability, high availability, and durability)
- 5+ years' work experience with AWS services such as Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, CloudFormation, EC2, ALB, IAM, and SQS (need not have experience with all)
- Experience with integrating Kubernetes or other containerized ecosystems
- Experience with microservices
- Relational database design, implementation, configuration, and query experience such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, PostGIS, MongoDB and/or similar (need not have experience with all)
- Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining data indexes
- Experience with React (preferred) or similar frameworks such as Node.js or Angular.js,
- Testing experience with some of the following, Storybook, Jest, Cypress, msw
- Comfortable working with Linux (Ubuntu) based operating systems (command line operations, bash scripting)
- Configuration Management (CM) experience using Git and familiarity with branching strategies
Extra credit if you have:
- Interest in AI/ML algorithm deployment at scale.
- Ability to determine technical direction from high-level requirements.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance
Why work at Expedition Technology?
We are proud that our dynamic and collaborative culture along with our generous benefits package allowed us to earn a spot on the 2019, 2020 and the 2021 Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work List. We are also a 2021 Top Workplace as named by the Washington Post.
We offer a robust benefits package designed to meet the varying needs of our team. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (company-paid through an Individual Benefit Account)
- Health Care Savings Account
- Dependent Care Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement of up to $5250/year
- 401k with up to 12% company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Conference attendance
- Free tickets to sporting and theater events
- A supportive, collaborative culture that puts our people first
- Professional development, advancement, learning and growth opportunities
Who is Expedition Technology?
Expedition Technology designs, develops, and delivers innovative, advanced signal, image, and multi-INT solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. We leverage advanced algorithms, platforms, and technologies to solve our customers’ most complex, demanding, and urgent C4ISR challenges. Our culture promotes individual growth and opportunity, prioritizes a collaborative team spirit, and invites the intellectually curious to creatively solve challenging problems. Headquartered in Northern Virginia’s high-tech corridor, EXP is a rapidly growing, privately held, employee-owned company that pushes the boundaries of what is possible every day.
Interested in joining our team? Let’s explore together.
To learn more about EXP and discover why we are an award-winning workplace, visit our web site and follow us on LinkedIn.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.