US Citizenship is required due to security clearance requirements.
Are you a motivated engineer who is passionate about embracing new challenges and solving the hardest technical problems in a team-oriented environment? Every day, the engineers at Expedition Technology work together to solve our nation’s defense and intelligence challenges by using machine learning and deep learning to demystify data obtained from signals and images.
Our applied research and development mindset afford our people the opportunity to work on the most cutting-edge methods of optimizing deep learning networks, developing state-of-the-art algorithms and ultimately producing software products that are critical to our nation’s defense infrastructure.
The success we have already achieved has made Expedition Technology one of the top Machine Learning/Deep Learning research organizations in the Defense and Intelligence communities. We are seeking additional intelligent, passionate, creative people to join our team.
When you join our team, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Dive directly into the latest computer vision and signal processing research to replicate new techniques published in academia and find ways to make those ideas work on a larger scale
- Use your strong Python coding skills to research, design, develop and expand upon algorithms that will train neural networks to deliver actionable intelligence faster and more effectively
- Develop deep-learning software prototypes that demonstrate potential usefulness to our customers
- Analyze data from disparate sources including images, video, radar, signals and more
- Brainstorm solutions to the toughest problems alongside a team of smart, creative, passionate engineers
- Participate in machine learning brownbag sessions and other forms of collaborative learning to keep abreast of the constant changes in Machine and Deep Learning
- US Citizenship- Must be a US Citizen eligible to maintain a US Government security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Math or related field. Advance degrees welcome
- 4 years+ work experience developing machine learning models and/or applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills combined with deep intellectual curiosity and the desire to push technical boundaries
- Strong coding skills- preferably in Python, C/C++, Julia or other object-oriented language in a Linux environment
- Software development skills and the desire to work on cutting edge development in a Cloud environment
- Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of computer vision and/or signal processing including techniques for classification and feature extraction
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and communication skills
- Experience with deep learning frameworks like Tensorflow, PyTorch, Caffe or Keras
- Active US Government security clearance
Why work at Expedition Technology?
We are proud that our dynamic and collaborative culture along with our generous benefits package allowed us to earn a spot on the 2019, 2020 and the 2021 Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work List. We are also a 2021 Top Workplace as named by the Washington Post.
EXP offers a robust benefits package designed to meet the varying needs of our team. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (company-paid through an Individual Benefit Account)
- Health Care Savings Account
- Paid Family Leave
- Dependent Care Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement of up to $5250/year
- 401k with up to 12% company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Conference attendance
- Free tickets to sporting and theater events
- A supportive, collaborative culture that puts our people first
- Professional development, advancement, learning and growth opportunities
About Expedition Technology
Who is Expedition Technology?
Expedition Technology designs, develops, and delivers innovative, advanced signal, image, and multi-INT solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. We leverage advanced algorithms, platforms, and technologies to solve our customers’ most complex, demanding, and urgent C4ISR challenges. Our culture promotes individual growth and opportunity, prioritizes a collaborative team spirit, and invites the intellectually curious to creatively solve challenging problems. Headquartered in Northern Virginia’s high-tech corridor, EXP is a rapidly growing, privately held, employee-owned company that pushes the boundaries of what is possible every day.
Interested in joining our team? Let’s explore together.
To learn more about EXP and discover why we are an award-winning workplace, visit our web site and follow us on LinkedIn.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.