Machine Learning Operations Engineer
Are you a motivated engineer who is passionate about embracing new challenges and solving technical problems in a team-oriented environment? Every day, the engineers at Expedition Technology work together to solve our nation’s defense and intelligence challenges by using machine learning and deep learning to demystify data obtained from signals and images.
Our applied research and development mindset afford our people the opportunity to work on the most cutting-edge methods of optimizing deep learning networks, developing state-of-the-art algorithms and ultimately producing software products that are critical to our nation’s defense infrastructure.
The success we have already achieved has made Expedition Technology one of the top Machine Learning/Deep Learning and research organizations in the Defense and Intelligence communities.
We are seeking a Machine Learning Operations Engineer to join our team.
Machine Learning Operations (MLOps) Engineer
As an MLOps Engineer you will work directly with data scientists, data engineers and machine learning researchers to prototype a cutting-edge deep learning system using the latest technologies. Our customer is ready and eager to deploy our products, so we need someone who will dive into our deep learning codebase, learn about the aspects of the process and take ownership of the code repository. Your responsibilities will include: feature development, deploying ML models to production, and ensuring that pipelines are robust and perform as desired.
If you are passionate about using complex data to contribute to ML approaches, are comfortable developing and delivering robust ML systems, enjoy optimizing and automating processes, and collaborating with motivated, dedicated team to turn analytics questions into engineering solutions, this is the role for you.
If you are up to the challenge, you will:
- Build and integrate end to end machine learning systems using the latest open source and cloud technologies
- Develop, integrate, and maintain multi-step machine learning pipelines
- Help to maintain and evolve a deep learning capability and support analysis and testing of outputs
- Apply and refine a variety of object detection and classification algorithms in the image domain
- Employ strategies to optimize the use of simulated training data in combination with real data for supervised learning
- Identify and evaluate new patterns and technologies to improve performance, maintainability and scalability of our ML systems
- Find opportunities to simplify workflows, automate tasks, and build components that are reusable across multiple use-cases and teams
- Collaborate with team members including regular meetings and peer review of code
- United States citizenship- must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US-Government issued security clearance of Top Secret or higher. Citizenship is a requirement for clearance.
- Significant experience building end to end ML systems as an MLOps Engineer, Platform Engineer, or equivalent
- Experience with designing and implementing end-to-end ML workflows (Data Mining -> Data Preparation -> Modeling -> Deployment -> model monitoring) at scale
- Familiar with Cloud ML frameworks and infrastructure (preferably AWS), and ML modeling frameworks (Sklearn, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.)
- Understanding ML algorithms and best practices for working with deep learning systems
- Expertise in Python, knowledge of Bash and Unix command line toolkit
- Experience with Docker
- Strong communication skills to enable cross-functional collaboration and strong communicator
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning or equivalent professional experience
What does EXP offer our team?
At EXP, you will receive a flexible, self-directed benefits package designed to fit your individual needs. Highlights include:
- Company-paid, medical, dental and vision insurance
- Up to 45 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Individual Benefit Account (IBA) with generous company contribution
- Supplemental bonus potential
- Up to 12% 401k match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Team member referral program
- Free tickets to sporting events, theater, concerts and more
Who we are:
Expedition Technology designs, develops, and delivers innovative, advanced signal, image, and multi-INT solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. We leverage advanced algorithms, platforms, and technologies to solve our customers’ most complex, demanding, and urgent C4ISR challenges. Our culture promotes individual growth and opportunity, prioritizes a collaborative team spirit, and invites the intellectually curious to creatively solve challenging problems. Headquartered in Northern Virginia’s high-tech corridor, EXP is a rapidly growing, privately held, employee-owned company that pushes the boundaries of what is possible every day.
We are proud that our dynamic and collaborative culture along with our generous benefits package allowed us to earn a spot on the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work List.
If you are interested in seeing for yourself why our employees' voices made us a Best Place to Work, send us your resume. We look forward to talking with you.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.