Technical Lead, Computer Vision
United States citizenship is required due to need to pass a US Government-initiated background check for security clearance purposes.
Are you motivated by developing technology that will elevate the abilities of our Intelligence Community and Department of Defense to safeguard information vital to the security of our country? Are you interested in working on the next generation of computer vision products? If you said, “Yes!” to any of this, then Expedition Technology is the place for the next step in your career.
If you join our team, you’ll work on a variety of challenging programs in object tracking and scene understanding. You’ll join a motivated, collaborative, creative team that uses Agile methodologies to iterate on innovative solutions for our customers and will be responsible for leading through both coordination and action. You’ll write code, read papers, whiteboard solutions with your colleagues, communicate with customers, and help develop a vision for their project and the company. In short, you’ll be the linchpin for our success!
Want to join us?
We are seeking an experienced, inspired engineer with technical leadership experience who will focus on applied computer vision to join our team. In this role, you will lend your expertise in computer vision and systems engineering to lead a strong team of engineers as we develop and deploy state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms in a variety of environments – from cloud-based systems to low size, weight, and power architectures.
If you believe you are up for the challenge and meet or exceed the criteria below, we want to hear from you.
Skills and experience we require:
- United States citizenship- Successful candidates will undergo a government-sponsored background investigation in order to determine eligibility for a Top Secret or higher-level security clearance. US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance.
- Demonstrated experience developing, evaluating, and deploying computer vision solutions.
- A minimum of 8 years relevant computer vision work experience, including developing novel computer vision algorithms and systems and leading highly functioning teams.
- Experience with some of the following (need not have all): Deep Learning, Python, C/C++, Docker, AWS, Jenkins, GPU programming.
- Passion, creativity, dedication, and drive to develop innovative solutions to the most difficult challenges, from conception to working solution.
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or closely related field.
- Willingness to work in a hybrid fashion with emphasis of spending time in the office while enjoying the flexibility to work remotely. This is not a fully-remote position.
We’d be thrilled if you have:
- Experience working with Defense & Space and/or Intelligence Community
- An active US Government TS/SCI security clearance
- Experience with integrating machine learning models into production-ready software applications
To learn more about EXP and discover why we are an award-winning workplace, visit our web site and follow us on LinkedIn.
What we offer our team:
At EXP, you will receive a flexible, self-directed benefits package designed to fit your individual needs. Highlights include:
- Company-paid, medical, dental and vision insurance
- Up to 45 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Up to 12% 401k match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional development opportunities
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Free tickets to sporting events, theater, concerts and more
Who we are:
Expedition Technology designs, develops, and delivers innovative, advanced signal, image, and multi-INT solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. We leverage advanced algorithms, platforms, and technologies to solve our customers’ most complex, demanding, and urgent C4ISR challenges. Our culture promotes individual growth and opportunity, prioritizes a collaborative team spirit, and invites the intellectually curious to creatively solve challenging problems. Headquartered in Northern Virginia’s high-tech corridor, EXP is a rapidly growing, privately held, employee-owned company that pushes the boundaries of what is possible every day.
We are proud that our dynamic and collaborative culture along with our generous benefits package allowed us to earn a spot on the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work List.
If you are interested in seeing for yourself why our employees' voices made us a Best Place to Work, send us your resume. We look forward to talking with you.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.