- Are intellectually curious and love researching new and advanced techniques and technologies, from image and digital signal processing to computer vision and machine learning
- Embrace investigating complex problems without obvious solutions
- Want to apply groundbreaking research to create software and hardware products that get deployed in the real world
- Enjoy working solo and as part of highly motivated teams
- Wish to do meaningful work that protects our nation’s security and impacts people’s lives
Then Expedition Technology (EXP) is the right place for you.
We are looking for Digital Signal Processing (DSP) engineers with a software focus to join our team. At EXP, you will:
- Design and implement complex signal processing solutions that support US defense and intelligence agencies
- Research and develop advanced machine learning algorithms and techniques in application areas including radar, electronic warfare, sonar, SIGINT, RF geo-location, and image processing
- Create signal processing and machine learning models that process and understand signal data faster, more accurately, and more efficiently
- Transition signal processing-based neural networks to field-ready, real-time software applications and systems
What do you need to succeed?
- United States citizenship and the ability to pass a background check for a U.S. Government security clearance of Top Secret or higher
- BA/BS, MS and/or PhD degree in electrical engineering, physics, applied mathematics, computer science, or related technical discipline
- Strong communication skills to convey complex technical concepts
- Ability to conduct literature reviews to determine state-of-the-art technologies, incorporate recent research, and apply it to current problem sets
- Relevant, practical applied digital signal processing and communication theory experience, including:
- Defining, designing, and integrating architectures for communication and/or radar systems
- Creating, developing, and implementing signal processing solutions in complex systems
- Rapidly prototyping algorithm concepts and ideas
- Making insightful decisions on research and development directions
- Programming in Python or similar scientific computing languages
- Translating customer requirements to determine development focus
What do we offer you when you join our team?
At EXP, you will receive a flexible, self-directed benefits package designed to fit your individual needs. Highlights include:
- Company-paid, medical, dental and vision insurance
- Up to 45 days of PTO
- Up to 12% 401k match
- Student loan repayment assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free tickets to sporting events, theater, concerts and more
Who is Expedition Technology?
Expedition Technology designs, develops, and delivers innovative, advanced signal, image, and multi-INT solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. We leverage advanced algorithms, platforms, and technologies to solve our customers’ most complex, demanding, and urgent C4ISR challenges. Our culture promotes individual growth and opportunity, prioritizes a collaborative team spirit, and invites the intellectually curious to creatively solve challenging problems. Headquartered in Northern Virginia’s high-tech corridor, EXP is a rapidly growing, privately held, employee-owned company that pushes the boundaries of what is possible every day.
To learn more about EXP and discover why we are an award-winning workplace, visit our web site and follow us on LinkedIn.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes diversity promotes an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information, or protected veteran status.