At Expedition Technology (EXP), we push the boundaries of what is possible every day. Our engineers work on the toughest problems in computer vision, signal processing, and machine/deep learning to implement solutions for critical customers in the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. We are an applied research & development-focused company whose mission it is to solve our customer’s most pressing needs in a creative, cutting-edge manner.
Currently, we are seeking mid to senior level computer vision engineers with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Computer vision
- Pattern recognition
- Algorithm development
- Machine learning
- Feature detection and estimation
- Image processing
- Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR)
If you are successful, you will work side by side with the brightest engineering minds in order to develop cutting edge image processing software that operates with AI/Machine Learning capabilities.
You'll have the opportunity to support a wide range of programs that include a combination of new concept/product R&D, development of software products that will perform successfully in our customer's environment, along with leading and mentoring teams as needed.
- United States Citizenship - all applicants must be eligible for a US Government security clearance of Top Secret or greater. US Citizenship is a requirement for this clearance.
- Active Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field of study. Advanced degrees are welcome.
- Programming skills Python or other OO language (Python preferred)
- Software and algorithm development experience
- Experience and success with developing computer visions software applications from concept through production
- Knowledge of various imaging systems (i.e. HSI, EO, Radar, IR, LIDAR, SAR) and other SIGINT principles
- Ability to provide advanced scientific and quantitative analysis in processing and analyzing spectral imagery through the use of image and signal processing methods
- Familiarity with developing on a Unix (Ubuntu Linux) platform
Why work at Expedition Technology?
We are proud that our dynamic and collaborative culture along with our generous benefits package allowed us to earn a spot on the 2019, 2020 and the 2021 Washington Business Journal's Best Places to Work List. We are also a 2021 Top Workplace as named by the Washington Post.
We offer a robust benefits package designed to meet the varying needs of our team. Benefits include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance (company-paid through an Individual Benefit Account)
- Health Care Savings Account
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dependent Care Savings Account
- Tuition Reimbursement of up to $5250/year
- 401k with up to 12% company match
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Conference attendance
- Free tickets to sporting and theater events
- Company-paid life, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- A supportive, collaborative culture that puts our people first
- Flexible work arrangements allowing you to choose where you work best (but must reside within driving distance of our Herndon, VA headquarters)
- Professional development, advancement, learning and growth opportunities
Who is Expedition Technology?
Expedition Technology designs, develops, and delivers innovative, advanced signal, image, and multi-INT solutions for the defense and intelligence communities. We leverage advanced algorithms, platforms, and technologies to solve our customers’ most complex, demanding, and urgent C4ISR challenges. Our culture promotes individual growth and opportunity, prioritizes a collaborative team spirit, and invites the intellectually curious to creatively solve challenging problems. Headquartered in Northern Virginia’s high-tech corridor, EXP is a rapidly growing, privately held, employee-owned company that pushes the boundaries of what is possible every day.
Interested in joining our team? Let’s explore together.
To learn more about EXP and discover why we are an award-winning workplace, visit our web site and follow us on LinkedIn.
EXP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer that believes a diverse range of talent creates an environment that fuels creativity and innovation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, national origin, genetic information or protected veteran status.