Our Nation requires offensive cyber capabilities to deter and defeat our Nation’s adversaries.
Our elite team of professionals specializes in hardware and software reverse engineering, vulnerability research, and developing proof of concept offensive cyber capabilities.
Our elite team of Reverse Engineers are experts in exploiting low level applications of hardware and embedded devices.
If you are a Reverse Engineer or have expertise in exploiting embedded systems, we want you to join our team of offensive cyber capabilities developers at APL.
As a member of our elite team, you will...
- Reverse engineer and exploit embedded systems
- Work with team members to identify vulnerabilities or security weaknesses stemming from publicly disclosed vulnerabilities or previously unknown vulnerabilities
- Build innovative and mission-aligned proof-of-concept capabilities that can be deployed within operational constraints
- Propose ground-breaking ideas for internal and external funding opportunities
- Circulate knowledge by clearly articulating ideas through papers and presentations to team members, senior management, and government decision makers
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
- Possess a BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineerring, computer engineering, or Network Security
- Have 3 + years of experience working with embedded systems, conducting software or hardware reverse engineering, or developing offensive cyber capabiliites
- Are skilled in network security, mobile systems vulnerability research, or a deep understanding of emulation platforms
- Are willing and able to work in a fast paced environment with very demanding customers and partner
- Are able to obtain a Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a TS/SCI+poly level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Can demonstrate that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To ensure the safety and well-being of the community, APL has established a policy requiring that all staff be vaccinated against COVID-19. All staff members must provide proof of full vaccination or have an approved medical or religious accommodation by their start date.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
- Have a MS or PHD in computer science, electrical engineering, computer science, or applied computer science
- Have 5 + years of developing offensive cyber capabilities and conducting hardware and software reverse engineering
- Have a deep understanding of avariety of processor architectures, and their intersection with radiofrequency systems
- Hold an active Top Secret security clearance.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.