· Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations in your given area to exceed our customers’ expectations
· Organizes, coordinates, and supervisors employees and activities within the fabrication and welding department to ensure an effective and efficient fabrication operation that meets safety, quality, and production standards.
· Increase production, assets capacity, and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
· Be responsible for production output, product quality, and on-time shipping
· Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
· Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
· Share a trusting relationship with the workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
· Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
· Collect and analyze data to find places of waste, improvement, and Capex opportunities
· All other tasks assigned by the plant manager
· 2-3 years of experience in fabrication and welding
· Proven managerial experience
· Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, and inventory
· Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
· Strong team building. Decision-making and people management skills
· Visual acuity to read and write
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
· The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, sit, bending, twisting, and stooping.