General Summary: Coordinates day-to-day logistics for field installation. Supervises activities of Field Installation Supervisors and Crew Leaders. Assists Installation Manager with Alkar quotations.
· Coordinates day-to-day logistics for field installations including shipment of materials to field crews, coordination use of subcontractors, etc.
· Reviews approval drawings with customers.
· Coordinates all internationally-based projects.
· Ensures installation manuals and installation detail check-lists are provided and reviewed by field crews assigned to international projects.
· Performs additional duties as assigned by Field Installation Manager.
· Installation estimates for estimating
· Attend production meetings
· Travel out for approvals drawings
· Make JT project schedules in Microsoft project
· Attend final inspections
· Set install start date with customers &/or manufacturing
· Send out DIC (Delivery and Installation Confirmation) to the JT team
· Issue PO’s (Forklifts, Crane, Contractor(s), Gas…)
· Preparing all JT documents for installation supervisors
· Approve invoices
· Travel out to installations for review
· Attend Job closing meetings
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· High school education with good math aptitude.
· Minimum of seven years of experience in food processing equipment installations and in-depth knowledge of Alkar product lines.
· Ability to read fabrication and approval drawings and some CAD drafting experience.
· Strong interpersonal, supervisory, customer relations as well as verbal and written communication skills.
· Five plus years project management experience in manufacturing setting with strong organizational skills.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office Systems.
· Field Installation Supervisors and Hourly Crew Leaders.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
· Installation project budgets range from $10,000 to $2 million.
Description of physical working environment:
· Normal office environment – sitting at computer and using the phone frequently.
· Domestic travel required.