General Summary: Responsible for working independently on assigned controls drawings for ALKAR. Develops design drawings in accordance with Company design standards, practices and quality specifications to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Prepares drawings or schematics of electronic control systems for ALKAR product lines using CAD packages.
· Makes and implements control design modifications to facilitate customer’s operation or product line quality issues.
· Understands and applies ALKAR design standards and practices, as well as quality system procedures to the controls design function.
· Implements in-house design changes to resolve customer field problems and improve product performance and reliability. Recommends solutions to problems. Process change orders and obtains the necessary approvals.
· Performs additional duties as assigned by Controls Engineering Manager or Sr. Electrical Designer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· Two year associate degree in Technology Management or Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or equivalent experience.
· Proficiency in latest computerized design packages (e.g. AutoCad software).
· Three to five years experience in design work with electrical components and pneumatic drawings preferred. Sound understanding of national, state and local electrical codes.
· Good analytical and problem solving, verbal and written communication skills along with interpersonal and leadership skills to work effectively within a team environment.
· Ability to effectively check all drawings prior to submittal to customers or manufacturing.
Scope Data (budget accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Designs jobs that vary in scope; May include ALKAR.
· Interactions are primarily with internal functions.
Description of physical working environment:
· Regularly works in-house from a sitting position with a computer
· May visit ALKAR manufacturing area which requires safety PPE as well as walking and standing