General Summary: Performs activities concerned with computer controlled ALKAR systems. Works closely with Controls Engineers, Electrical Designers, Project Engineering, Manufacturing, Drafting and Sales functions to carryout assignments.
· Manages control projects to ensure all design aspects meet required specifications
· Coordinates with internal resources and customers to ensure smooth project execution
· Assist with startup and commissioning for projects
· Applies electrical engineering principles to trouble-shoot and resolve customer control problems
· Design, program, and guide documentation of new control system development
· Remains abreast of the latest electrical controls technology in the industry.
· Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned by Controls Engineering Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
· B.S. or Associate’s degree in electrical engineer, automation, or related program (relevant experience may be an acceptable substitute)
· At least two years prior experience with industrial control systems and their design
· Knowledge of PLC and PC programming, especially with Rockwell products
· Siemens PLC and HMI programming experience a plus
· Servo motion control experience a plus
· Work effectively with internal employees and provides customer service and troubleshooting.
· Analytical, problem solving as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent task organization and prioritization skills
· Ability to learn new control systems and software quickly
Scope Data (accountability, operating revenues, organizational unit responsibility, number of employees supervised, other pertinent numeric data):
· Assigned projects for continued development.
· Frequent interaction with internal functions and customers.
· Minimal supervision on projects.
· Travel to customers for troubleshooting and/or commissioning up to 50%
Description of physical working environment:
· Regularly works from a sitting position while working on computers.
· When traveling may encounter working areas in both refrigerated and heated environments
· Occasional lifting of 50 lbs. or less.