Location: FT. Meade, MD.
Position Summary: We are seeking a Cyberspace Operations Engineer to develop, integrate, and maintain operational TTPs and SOPs. Responsibilities include identifying Department of Defense information networks (DODIN) operations and defensive cyber operations (DCO) enterprise management tool requirements and evaluating operational standards and tools for use. Coordinate network defense operations with DOD component commands, services, agencies, field activities (CC/S/A/FAs), intelligence agencies, law enforcement (LE), and U.S. Government organization. Recommend network management policies and procedures for implementation. Maintain in-depth knowledge in IT standards, protocols, and methods of exploitation.
Essential Job Functions:
· Evaluate products against the customer’s operational requirements; Researches and analyzes cybersecurity capabilities to satisfy data protection requirements.
· Research, develop requirements, evaluate, test, and implement new or improved information security software, devices, or systems.
· Assist with the implementation of security solutions.
· Apply a combination of expert engineering knowledge of enterprise IT and security solutions to design, develop, and/or implement solutions to ensure consistency with enterprise architecture security policies.
· Provide planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for cyber capabilities and identifies opportunities for mission enhancement.
· Research, design, develop, and implement proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assists in highly focused, quick-turnaround market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements.
· Assist in the evaluation of industry offerings to identify products and technologies with the potential to support the security design and troubleshooting.
· Solve technical and non-technical issues.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
· Must have minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Cyberspace Operations Engineer or related functional area
· Required Security Clearance: TS/SCI with CI Polygraph.
· Minimum DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level II Certification.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
Working Conditions: Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Physical Requirements: May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful completion of a background screening/check/investigation is required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include (not all inclusive) medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time-off and company paid holidays, personal development and learning opportunities.
Other: This employer participates in E-Verify and provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: Cyberspace Engineer, Cyberspace Operations Engineer, cyberspace TTPs, cyberspace SOPs, Department of Defense information network operations, DODIN operations, Department of Defense information network operation, DODIN operation, defensive cyber operations, DCO, cyber enterprise management tool requirements, cyber operational standards, cyberspace tools