Salary: There are two shifts: Day shift (7 AM – 7 PM) - $115K; Night shift (7 PM - 7 AM)– $145K. The shift work is based on the Panama Plan. (for more information see: https://www.snapschedule.com/blog/panama-shift-pattern/).
Location: FT. Meade, MD
Position Summary: We are seeking Cyber Defense Analyst with wireless expertise to support NSA Network Security Services (NNSS) in the areas of cyberattack sensing and warning, cyber incident handling, warning intelligence, vulnerability assessments and malware analysis/protection.
Essential Job Functions:
· Use information collected from a variety of sources to monitor network activity and analyze it for evidence of anomalous behavior.
· Identify, triage and report events that occur to protect data and information systems.
· Recommend proactive security measures.
· Notify stakeholders of suspected incidents, articulating technical information surrounding the suspected incident.
· Implement mitigations in accordance with cyber incident response plan.
· Conduct PCAP analysis.
· Perform advanced manual analysis to hunt previously unidentified threats.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and identify network and host-based security threats.
· Understanding of snort filters and their use in IDS alerts.
· Understanding of network hardening methodologies.
· Working knowledge of enterprise-level IDS/IPS and firewall topologies.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
· Active Top Secret Security Clearance with Full Scope polygraph is required.
· Four years of demonstrated experience as a Cyber Defense Analyst is required.
· One year of experience with TCP/IP is required.
· One year of experience with tcpdump or Wireshark/tshark is required.
· Two years of experience with SIEM suites such as Splunk, Arcsight or Kibana is required.
· DoD 8570 compliance with Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) Analyst baseline certification, Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I or Level II certification, and Computing Environment (CE) certification. Wireless certification similar to Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) to Assessing and Auditing Wireless Networks (GAWN), Certified Wireless security Professional (CWSP), Offensive Security Wireless Fidelity (OSWP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA-Wireless), Or Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP-Wireless) is required.
· Multiple shifts available.
Working Conditions: Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Physical Requirements: May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Background Screening/Check/Investigation: Successful completion of a background screening/check/investigation is required as a condition of hire.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include (not all inclusive) medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time-off and company paid holidays, personal development and learning opportunities.
Other: This employer participates in E-Verify and provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: cyber defense analyst, cyber defense analysis, cyberattack sensing and warning, cyber incident handling, cyber warning intelligence, cyber vulnerability assessments malware analysis, malware protection.