Location: FT. Meade, MD.
Position Summary: We are seeking a Systems Engineer to analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
Essential Job Functions:
· Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems compatible with the defined system architecture(s) – Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Service-oriented Architecture (SOA), etc.
· Contribute to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents.
· Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
· Coordinate the resolution of action items from Configuration Control Board (CCB) meetings, design reviews, program reviews, and test reviews that require cross-discipline coordination.
· Participate in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) to design new capabilities based upon evaluation of all necessary development and operational considerations.
· Allocate real-time process budgets and error budgets to systems and subsystem components.
· Generate alternative system concepts, physical architectures, and design solutions.
· Define the methods, processes, and evaluation criteria by which the systems, subsystems and work products are verified against their requirements in a written plan.
· Develop system design solution that satisfies the system requirements and fulfills the functional analysis.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
· Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering (SE), Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management, or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
· Fourteen (14) years’ experience as an SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type and complexity is required.
· Required Clearance Level: TS/SCI with CI Poly.
Working Conditions: Work is typically based in a busy office environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Business work hours are normally set from Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, however some extended or weekend hours may be required. Additional details on the precise hours will be informed to the candidate from the Program Manager/Hiring Manager.
Physical Requirements: May be required to lift and carry items weighting up to 25 lbs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, career development opportunities that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace. Benefits include, (not all inclusive) medical, vision and dental insurance, paid time-off and company paid holidays, personal development and learning opportunities.
Other: This employer participates in E-Verify and provides the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Keywords: systems engineer, systems engineering, Department of Defense Architecture Framework, DoDAF, Service-oriented Architecture, SOA, system requirements specifications, system requirements, specification requirements, system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, interface control documents