Manufacturing Team Leader – Vineland, NJ & various
Location: Vineland – NJ, Durham – NC, Oneonta – NY, Kennebunk - ME
Corning is one of the world's leading innovators in materials science, with a 166-year track record of life-changing inventions. Corning applies its unparalleled expertise in glass science, ceramics science, and optical physics, along with its deep manufacturing and engineering capabilities, to develop category-defining products that transform industries and enhance people's lives. Corning Valor™ Glass is an example of a life-changing innovation purpose-built to store and protect injectable medicines. Corning is also a global leader in pharmaceutical tubing, manufacturing a variety of clear and amber glass tubing that is converted by our customers into vials, cartridges, ampules and syringes.
Scope of Position:
1) Corning is seeking candidates with proven leadership ability that have potential to advance to higher levels of leadership.
2) This is a special accelerated leadership development program which enables advancement and career progression with proven performance.
3) The initial scope of this position is a production leadership assignment, responsible for a team of manufacturing employees per responsibilities below.
4) Based on performance & interests, participants will receive guidance on career next steps. These may include: operations, engineering, and quality roles.
Day to Day Responsibilities for first assignment:
• Frontline leadership for production operations responsible for overseeing a team of manufacturing employees to deliver production, quality, and safety targets.
• Create and maintain a safe working environment for all employees.
• Manage employee time and attendance for timely and accurate payroll processing
• Work with other team members to proactively solve technical operations issues
• Lead operations to achieve production goals, with some shift experience.
• Recognize and reward employee performance
• Provide focus and direction to production employees.
• Develop, train and coach employees to be responsible for their individual and team metrics
• Build a culture of process discipline and change management.
• Track and report production metrics.
• Lead or facilitate manufacturing related team meetings
• Develop and implement staffing and training plans for production operators.
• Establish constructive relationships with employees & support groups.
Limited, under 10%.
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
12 hour rotating shifts
Education and Experience:
• BS Engineering or related technical field.
• Demonstrated leadership or supervisory experience (work, school, or community).
• Demonstrated leadership in multiple settings (e.g. military / early career, college, high school, etc.,)
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Organizational and time management skills
• Has technical training or engineering background or Ability to grasp technical details and understand processes
• Has high integrity and experience with leading teams of people to deliver results
• Excellent people skills
• Ability to train, coach, and direct others
• Demonstrates attention to detail
• Capacity to learn and grow
• Personal initiative & commitment to win
• Ability to establish strong working relationships and team building skills.
• Flexible and adaptable; willing to work outside of role to move the team forward
• Mission focused
• Positive attitude, flexible and good work ethic; resilient to changing conditions
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia