DZYNE has an immediate need for a talented Business Capture Manager for our Vehicle DZYNE Studio who will join our industry-leading team at our location Irvine, CA.
We are seeking a Capture Manager to lead and support product development teams, responsible for securing existing and winning new business opportunities that supports DZYNE’s innovative product development groups for commercial, aerospace and defense and Department of Defense customers. The successful candidate possesses technical education and aviation related professional experience, resourcefulness, and motivation to join a cohesive, winning team. The position will report to the Director of Strategic Business Development. The position is located primarily in Irvine, CA and requires a Secret clearance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Capture Manager is responsible for developing and supporting the execution of the business operation’s overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort to increase the win probability of new and existing projects. Duties may include orchestrating bid strategy, providing oversight and development of proposal volumes, conducting market and competition analysis, and creating, leading, and supporting capture and proposal teams.
The selected candidate is responsible to follow corporate processes for business development and capture management. This includes working closely with the responsible business development or engineering team, supporting the transition from opportunity identification into capture efforts, assembling a capture team and managing the capture team to successfully bid and win contracts, contacting and interfacing with existing and new clients and partners, communicating the organization’s core capabilities, establishing internal and external teaming, and managing bid and proposal funding.
Additional responsibilities include: works as lead, responsible for entire sections, volumes, proposals, and/or captures; develops solutions to difficult problems and issues that are unclear and require thorough analyses and understanding of domain knowledge; collaborates with internal stakeholders, business development and operations team members, as well as customer leadership and external stakeholders; works collaboratively with team members regarding solution design, process and/or approaches; participates or leads opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal and program reviews, and lessons learned activities; communicates status, resource needs, capture strategy, and recommendations to executive leadership; oversees the proposal phase of the opportunity to ensure successful delivery to the client; and contributes feedback and innovative ideas to the team in support of continuous improvement. Lead internal meetings and assign tasks across cross-functional teams will be key in this role.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as effective collaboration and inclusive leadership skills
- Familiarity with federal government acquisition types, processes, and tools
- Demonstrated skills in areas relevant to business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer and industry collaboration, and team leadership
- Candidate must possess an active Secret clearance
- Experience in capturing and winning business development opportunities with emphasis on opportunity qualification, stakeholder engagement, solution development, and proposal submission
- MBA and/or Technical Master’s degree preferred
- Proven record of success managing and winning capture efforts within the DoD community
- Proven proposal writing and management skills
- DoD acquisition and Federal Acquisition and Regulations (FAR) knowledge and experience
- Experience in the development of and successful negotiation of teaming agreements
- Experience in the development of competitive pricing strategies and associated cost proposal
DZYNE Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. DZYNE Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which our company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.