Global Engineering & Technology is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to support our team at the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Classification in Germantown, Maryland.
This is a highly compensated position that requires a true leader and team builder with experience in managing a large group (45+) of specialized, senior nuclear technical experts. This position is especially well suited for individuals with backgrounds in Navy nuclear, Air Force nuclear, or National Laboratory nuclear technical backgrounds coupled with operational leadership experience.
Work is performed primarily at the Department of Energy (DOE) facility in Germantown, Maryland. This long-term position provides relocation support to the Germantown area.
Senior Project Manager Duties:
- In conjunction with the Program Manager, the Senior Project Manager interfaces with the Office of Classification federal management team and GET's corporate staff
- In conjunction with the Program Manager, develops operational policies and procedures, manages teams, and oversees daily operations
- Plans and defines projects; coordinates and oversees the execution of projects; measures and reports progress
- Identifies and addresses problems and opportunities
- Ensures overall responsiveness of contractor staff to all Office of Classification requirements, job requests, and guidance provided by the Office of Classification and the Contracting Officer's Representative and/or designated representative
- Candidate MUST possess an active DOE Q clearance or an active DoD Top Secret clearance
Experience & Skills:
- This position requires a minimum of seven (7) years of experience in operations management or project management, managing projects of comparable size and complexity (this experience may be a combination of private sector, civil service, and/or military experience)
- It is highly desirable for the individual to have direct and current experience with the nuclear weapons programs at DOE and/or DoD
- It is highly desirable for the individual to have direct management experience within/with DOE
- It is highly desirable for the individual to have direct and current experience with derivative classification and/or declassification
- A strong technical background is required
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Must have a Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited university or college in one of the engineering disciplines or physical sciences.
- Medical plan options with United Health Care
- Long-/Short term Disability with MetLife
- Generous 401(k) match with Principal Financial
All benefits are effective on day one of employment.