Functional Title – Lead Analyst, Production Services Application Support
BNY Mellon Corp Tech provides global solutions tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs to help enhance the management, administration and oversight of their entire investment process and deliver the tools they need to expand their ability to process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world.
Corp Tech Production Services own some of the most critical responsibilities at BNY Mellon. To ensure these responsibilities are met, our team members need to exhibit ownership, accountability, and an eagerness to learn. As a member of our team, you will have a lead role in contributing to the success of a suite of applications supporting BNY Mellon’s Human Resources, Finance, Risk, Compliance, Regulatory, Legal and Corporate Treasury functions. If you like learning how applications work and fixing problems using your engineering skills, you are going to love our team.
- Assists in maintaining and supporting applications and their operating environments.
- Responds to alerts and follows standard procedures and documentation for issue resolution.
- Monitors applications and respond to incidents.
- Perform routine health checks and validations after changes or significant incidents.
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshooting for more complex issues.
- Escalate to second level application or infrastructure support when necessary.
- Implement automation for routine tasks.
- May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 4-6 years of experience in applications support or production environment required.
- Solid Incident management experience, who could play a role of SIO (Senior Incident Officer) to drive major incidents end to end.
- Good exposure to monitoring / automation tools.
- Experience working with Unix/windows environment and preferably scripting or relevant experience to help with basic automation initiatives.
- Flexible to work during weekends and late shifts with an option to cover late shifts from home with our flex remote model.
- Good Management (3+ years) experience working with a global team. (applicable only Support Lead open position)
- Change Management experience for contributing towards our Change Advisory Board (Handy).
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.