We are seeking an established Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) professional to lead the technology design, implementation, and ongoing maintenance and enhancements, of a global GRC platform for BNY Mellon. The Senior Group Manager will work closely with stakeholders across Risk, Compliance, Technology, and other first line of defense groups, and manage a technology delivery team. The end state solution is expected to include a mix of vendor product integration and custom development.
- Manages multiple application development and integration projects. Lead the Technology delivery for a comprehensive GRC program and related initiatives
- Works collaboratively with business partners across the three lines of defense on technology solutions for GRC. Develop a detailed understanding of the business direction and priorities, opportunities and challenges to inform and prioritize risk management focus.
- Oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems for a holistic risk management solution
- Defines resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures "best practice" development and integration techniques.
- Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies.
- Recommends new tools and approaches to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation.
- Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
Skills and Experience:
The successful candidate should have experience in successful delivery with a solid GRC background, preferably in an international Financial Services organization or similarly highly regulated industry. They will also possess the highly developed communications and influencing skills necessary to simplify potentially complex issues and gain commitment and buy-in from key executive stakeholders.
- Experience working in previous GRC roles and ability to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of GRC topics.
- Demonstrable ability to develop relationships with senior stakeholders, both business and technology, across complex business and legal entity structures.
- Ability to interpret and present complex GRC topics to a range of audiences, both technical and non-technical and at all levels of the organization.
- Remain informed on trends and issues in the GRC space, including current and emerging technologies.
- Self-starter, quick-learner, accustomed to working autonomously and with minimal brief.
- Track record of managing teams including attracting, retaining, and developing talent
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
- 12+ years of experience in Risk and/or Compliance related roles
- Experience in a highly regulated environment. Global Financial Services industry experience a strong plus
- At least 5-7 years of working in risk or control management role, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a Software Development organization and/or the Financial Services sector (or another highly regulated sector), is highly desirable
Works collaboratively with business partners on technology solutions that have a significant revenue or cost impact, oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems and identifies resource requirements to ensure best practice development techniques. Works collaboratively with business partners in defining, developing, and implementing technology solutions that have impact on improving the business. Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems. Manages and forecasts operating budget within the approved plan. Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties. Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/career