Work Flexibility: Field-based
What You Will Do
The Spine Sales Associate will represent Stryker as a leader in our industry and the marketplace by assisting with the selling, promoting and marketing of our products to a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and healthcare professionals. Under supervision of the Regional Sales Manager and with direction from the local Sales Representative team, the Sales Associate will:
- Gain clinical competency to include spinal anatomy, imaging modalities and expertise in Stryker Spine products.
- Mastery of components, configuration, and usage of all Stryker Spine surgical sets
- Surgical case preparation and coverage is required with the goal of bringing the highest degree of value to the surgeon, patient and facility.
- Move consignment and loaner inventory between accounts based on the surgical needs of the territory and region
- Following extensive product training, the Sales Associate must be able to advise on appropriate product selection, answer customer questions about product functionality and distinguish Stryker products from those of Stryker’s competitors.
- Solve product problems for customers in an expeditious fashion
- Respond to customer complaints in accordance with company policy and advise Regional Sales Manager and company promptly of any situation beyond scope of authority.
- Keep Sales Representative(s) informed of territory happenings and progress on a regular basis
- May assist in Stryker Spine product demonstrations and in-service trainings in both operating room and office settings
- Works with Sterile Processing Department at hospital to ensure appropriate preparation and completion of surgical cases
- Understand and adhere to all hospital, operating room and pertinent OSHA guidelines including completion of trainings related to attendance in the Operating Room as required by Stryker and/or the Customer
- Must adhere rigidly to all Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) policies and procedures as stipulated by the company and the FDA.
What You Need
To be successful in this role bring your strong multitasking ability, ability to read and sell to any audience, drive to achieve and succeed, aptitude to learn medical and technical information quickly, ability to build strong, lasting relationships, a strong work-ethic and a competitive nature
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year accredited college or university, preferred
- Three (3) years’ experience in a clinical and/or operating room environment or 4-year degree from an accredited college or university
- Knowledge in the use of current office technologies (MS Office suite, Salesforce.com, etc.)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport and develop and maintain relationships.
- Must be comfortable in emergency/operating room environments
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn a product’s key features & benefits.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce
- Must be able to lift and carry samples and surgical instruments kits up to 40 pounds
- Must be available on 24-hour per day basis, to respond to customer emergencies as dictated by territory and account requirements.
- This position requires the handling of instruments that may have been contaminated by blood or other bodily fluids. In compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, Stryker will provide a safe working environment for all employees.
What We Offer
- Ability to discover your strengths, follow your passion and own your own career
- In-house product training program
- Field sales training
- Sales career path toward uncapped earning potential!
- Quality products that improve the lives of customers and patients
- A winning team driven to achieve our mission and deliver remarkable results
- Coworkers committed to achieving more and winning the right way
- Competitive benefits at https://totalrewards.stryker.com/
Travel Percentage: 10%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. Employees and new hires in sales and field roles that require access to customer accounts as a function of the job may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination as an essential function of their role.