The selected candidate will be a member of the Network & Infrastructure Engineering - Engineering & Security Services (NIE-ESS) group working with the Security Applications Team. This team is responsible for managing various enterprise security applications for the laboratory.
The successful candidate will support the Terminus application, an in-house developed enterprise solution that tracks and documents systems on the network, performs vulnerability scans on hosts, and blocks hosts from the network based on a complex set of compliance and vulnerability checks.
This position will be filled at either the Cybersecurity Technical Staff 2 orr 3 level, depending on the skills of the selected candidate. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if the candidate is hired at the higher level.
Cybersecurity Technical Staff 2 ($87,200-$142,500)
• Collaborate with the Terminus team to design, develop, modify, and debug cybersecurity applications.
• Identify and solve non-traditional, non-standard problems not easily fixed with off-the-shelf software and solutions.
• Support vulnerability scanning operations and the cyber security tool infrastructure.
Cybersecurity Technical Staff 3 ($105,700-$176,400)
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Cybersecurity Technical Staff 3 will:
• Independently lead work on moderately complex security projects;
• Manage all aspects of the development life cycle on small-to-moderate sized projects;
• Lead major tasks on large development projects;
• Mentor junior software developers.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Thorough understanding of the cyber security environment, including network and host system security issues, compliance, and certification.
• Experience as a system administrator for Linux operating systems.
• Experience using configuration management tools e.g. Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack
• Experience with automation and CI/CD tools and configuration.
Additional Job Requirements for Cybersecurity Technical Staff 3:
In addition to the requirements outlined above, qualification at the higher level requires:
• Advanced understanding of the cyber security environment, including network and host system security issues and concepts, compliance, and certification
• Advanced experience as a system administrator for Linux operating systems.;
• Advanced knowledge of and experience with software programming.
• Demonstrated advanced experience with vulnerability assessment tools.
• Strong analytical, documentation, communication, and teaming skills;
Education/Experience at lower level: Cybersecurity Technical Staff 2 requires a bachelor's degree in a technical field and a minimum of 4 years' related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Education/Experience at higher level: Cybersecurity Technical Staff 3 requires a bachelor's degree in a technical field and a minimum of 8 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.