Job Title: Software Systems Engineer 3 - Conceptual Programs
Location: Plano, TX
As a Software Systems Engineer 3, you will support the Conceptual Programs business aream, which are advanced low Technology Readiness Level (TRL) programs in support of advanced defense related research and development. In this role, you’lll work with the engineering team in development, implementation, testing and analysis of technical products and systems.
This position is part of the Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division, which specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies. As the non-traditional 6th prime, we're developing entirely new clean sheet designs. We are immersed in technology and we are technology driven, so you’ll be a part of a completely different culture and mission mindset. Our team sizes are smaller, allowing for collaboration, great ideas, and contribution from all levels in an agile product development environment. In other words, you're not stove-piped into one area, and instead can work the entire engineering lifecycle. You get to solve hard problems. Your day is spent working on new and exciting technology and methodology that hasn't been done before. You're inspired to do your best work every day, because what we do matters!
- Software requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex distributed systems
- System design or synthesis of simple systems in small teams
- Implementation of UML or SysML artifacts and Digital Analysis in a Digital Engineering toolsets
- Implement current processes and methodologies being utilized on programs for the development of program level data threads and system models (e.g. Agile/SCRUM based tasking via Jira, Confluence, GitHub)
- Present on model implementation and usage to new users, consumers, and leaders
- Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
- Verify software and system requirements
- Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
- Contribute to processes and standards for software/PL architectures
- Obtain and maintain a DoD clearance as well as any additional clearances required
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel up to 10%
- U.S. citizen
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a related engineering field with some systems engineering experience, preferably in complex system development.
- Experience in design, development and/or testing of radar or sensor processing
- Experience with radar system components including antenna, receiver, exciter, and processor
- Experience with requirements definition, flow-down and traceability
- Experience with software design, development and test experience
- Experience with Model Based System Engineering
- Experience with Micro Services Architecture
- Exposure to programmable logic design flow, including pinout definitions, code generation and timing closure.
- Experience with Continuous Integration processes
- Working knowledge of military standards
- Software design, development and test experience
- Proficient experience with C or C++
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Science and/or equivalent experience desired.
- Defense industry experience
- Existing DoD clearance with a current 6 year update
- Inside knowledge of FPGA capabilities, limitations, and applications.
- Familiarity with DOORs
- Familiarity with Radar processing modes
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)