Job Title: Specialist, Software Engineer
Job Code: IMS20222701-76014
Job Location: Rockwall, Texas
L3Harris ComCept is seeking a professional with a strong, broad knowledge of Software Engineering who enjoys solving new problems in creative ways and working well both independently and collaboratively. This position requires excellent problem-solving and software development skills that will be utilized on various projects with new and advanced technologies.
- Designing, developing, documenting, and testing innovative software solutions to new and varying challenges.
- Collaborating with a fast-moving team, interested in the best technical solution, and open to new ideas that make our customers’ products even better.
- Assisting with test case planning and execution of verification and validation of software requirements at a component, system, and network level.
- Providing support to requirements analysis, defect resolution, traceability of requirements to tests and test results, development and test operations, systems demonstrations, evaluations, fielding and operational maintenance.
- Researching, integrating, and maintaining automated tools for CI/CD pipelines in multiple environments.
- Being cognizant of related technology and tool capabilities across the corporation that complement software development.
- Contributing to design, development, and testing on projects with only general supervision.
- Work effort is primarily on-site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related degree and four (4) years of prior relevant experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Position requires an active Secret DoD Clearance, current SBI/Eligibility for SCI Clearance, which requires US citizenship
- 4+years of prior experience with object-oriented programming in C++, Java, and/or C#.
- Strong understanding of software languages.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently or in small team environment to achieve project goals.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Knowledge and experience with tools used for software test and management of development programs.
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Project).
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Integration testing experience.
- Familiarity with modern C++, including C++17
- Familiarity with Java, Python, and/or Bash.
- GitLab, Docker, Kubernetes