Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Job Code: IMS20212312-74560
Job Location: Rockwall, Texas
We are a results-driven organization with an “employee-first” mindset, focused on innovation and delivery of quality products and services to our customers. We are experiencing rapid growth due to increasing market share which offers qualified candidates excellent career advancement potential. Are you an Electrical Engineer with excellent design and problem solving skills looking for a job where you design state of the art sensor systems for military ground, air and marine vehicles? Are you self-motivated, like to lead, and enjoy working on a variety of projects where you have minimal oversight and lots of autonomy? If so, read on!
You will be a part of a multi-discipline engineering team working on diverse antenna subsystem projects. As an Electrical Engineer, you will be designing circuit card assemblies from simple RF boards to moderately complex mixed signal digital/RF boards, power and control boards, switch matrices and other circuit card assemblies. You will be monitoring the fabrication of your designs, providing status updates to leadership, resolving problems throughout the development and production process, and providing test support and troubleshooting throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related technical degree and four (4) years of related experience. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 4+ years of experience in Electrical Hardware Design.
- Position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance, which requires US citizenship
- Developed simulations and used tools for systems trades for link budgets, cascade analysis, antenna elements, power, manufacture-ability, thermal management, CCA designs, Hyperlynx, etc..
- Experience in circuit card design and test, and have used board design tools such as Cadence Allegro, PADs, Mentor Graphics, etc
- Experience with AWR Microwave office, or Keysight ADS, comparing predicted to measured results
- Experience with various lab instrumentation and tools including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, signal generators, and network analyzers
- Applies electrical engineering principles and techniques to support/lead design, development, documentation, verification, and production debug activities.
- Analyzes environment/component tolerances to ensure sufficient design margin for all applicable conditions.
- Component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, and delivery to board houses
- Directly interfaces with Lead Engineers, Purchasing, and Finance teams to formulate effective obsolescence/cost/lead time mitigation solutions.
- Ability to travel up to 10%.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Analytical design experience using software and simulation tools such as AWR Microwave Office/Agilent ADS, CST, FEKO, and HFSS.
- Execute schematic capture and support PCB layout of RF circuits
- Experience with capture tools such as Mentor and Cadence
- Start-to-finish involvement in projects requiring PCB design, layout, fabrication, and assembly
- Familiarity with modeling in the HF to mmW frequency range
- Experience in the analysis and design of multi-octave phased array antennas