Job Title: Systems Engineer 2
Location: Plano, TX
Let's start with who we are: Advanced Systems & Technologies (AS&T) division specializes in developing disruptive, next-generation technologies for advanced radar systems, next-generation weapon systems, and other RF sensor technologies. What does that mean? It means that as the non-traditional 6th primed, we're developing entirely new clean sheet designs. We aren't designing upgraded parts of an existing system. We are immersed in technology and we are technology driven. Model Based Systems Engineering is part of our systems engineering DNA.
What's a day in the life like in this role? This is a systems engineering position, so the tasking is similar to what you've done before. But the difference is that you're working in a completely different culture and mission mindset. Our team sizes are smaller, allowing for collaboration, great ideas, and contribution from all levels in an agile product development environment. In other words, you're not stove-piped into one area, and instead can work the entire engineering lifecycle. You get to solve hard problems. Your day is spent working on new and exciting technology and methodology that hasn't been done before. You're inspired to do your best work every day, because what we do matters!
- Requirements definition, flow-down and traceability for complex electronic systems
- System design synthesis of simple systems
- Perform design verification testing efforts including lab, chamber, ground and captive flight test
- Analyze data from design verification test efforts
- Develop and run simulations and other analysis tools to predict system performance in various environments
- Use judgment to plan cost and schedule of minor activities
- Develop, track and present technical metrics
- Support risk assessment and development of mitigation strategies
- Must be able to obtain additional clearances as required
- Able to travel up to 10%; support field testing
- Other duties as assigned
- U.S. citizen
- Able to obtain a DoD clearance with a current 5-year update
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science
- Engineering internships or Co-Op’s with Masters Degree or PhD or equivalent to 2 - 4 years experience in a related engineering discipline.
- Design, development and/or testing of radar and/or other RF system
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Advanced degree
- C Programming
- Proficiency with Matlab
- Familiarity with DOORs
- Excellent people skills, with experience leading and collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation)