Cyber Security Specialist
Location: Anaheim, CA
This position will apply DISA (Defense Information Systems Administration) STIGs and industry best practices to harden software and hardware, perform ACAS scanning of equipment, assist in preparing Cybersecurity documentation and ensuring Cybersecurity compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring delivered information systems meet security standards in accordance with applicable DoD policies including DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for Department of Defense Information Technology (IT).
- Develop all applicable documents needed to obtain an Authorization to Operate (ATO) for fielded systems.
- Identify the information protection needed for systems and networks, review and assist design engineers in overarching system design with a focus on Cybersecurity, and interact with customers and authorization officials to define and achieve required Cybersecurity objectives.
- Maintain awareness of the most recent system security policies and directives, and assist Systems Engineers and other Cybersecurity Engineer with the analysis of user and system requirements and constraints.
- Must be able to work a flexible job schedule to include off-shift work and occasional overtime.
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 yrs of prior related work experience or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 yrs of prior related work experience or Post Secondary/Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 yrs of prior related work experience.
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) is a must. Familiarity with Platform Information Technology (PIT) a plus.
- Security Engineering with accreditation experience required. • Experience hardening Linux and Windows based operating systems desired.
- Experience analyzing system specifications and translating to cybersecurity requirements.
- Experience with NIST 800-53r4 standards. Sets highest ethical standards for self and others.
- Experience applying DISA System Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) to Operating Systems, Applications, Network devices
- Experience with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Active DOD Security Clearance
- Experience with systems integration is desired.
- Experience with routers and firewalls a plus
- Current Security+ certification, CISSP a plus
- Experience administering Windows Operating Systems (workstation and server
- Experience administering Linux Operating System
- Experience with scanning software
- Experience with Routers and Switches