Electrical Engineering Specialist
Req #: IMS20220902-76859
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
L3Harris is seeking an Electrical Engineer with knowledge of the job area and broad knowledge of project management. Manages complex projects or processes with general oversight. Communicates within and outside of own function to gain cooperation on operational processes, practices, and procedures. Makes moderate to substantial improvements to systems and processes. Contributes to achievement of departmental goals and operating plans with direct impact on the departmental results.
- Will take part in architecting, designing, developing, modifying, evaluating and integrating electronic equipment, electronic parts, components, or integrated circuitry for complex, high performance hardware systems.
- Determines design approaches and parameters.
- Analyze electrical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Analyze equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Able to identify component operational characteristics that may impact system performance and or sustainability.
- Support various design activities for new/existing products, predominantly involving medium frequencies/edge rates. Design for manufacturing is considered through all phases of the development process.
- Apply moderately complex electrical engineering principles and techniques to support/lead design, development, documentation, verification, and manufacturing debug activities.
- Support and/or lead design modifications for existing products frequently driven by component obsolescence situations. The design modification is usually of moderate complexity and may require major card level redesign to absorb the necessary hardware changes.
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects that have significant effect on the success of a sub-process/small project task.
- Provide guidance for High Frequency PCB layout.
- May also review vendor capability to support development. Includes the application of specialized skill sets including analog, digital, FPGA, DSP, CCA, power, antenna, and control systems knowledge as required.
- May develop, design, and assess the methodologies and performance of specialized algorithms for, Underwater Acoustics, sonar, communications, geophysical, and other sensor processing applications.
- Operation’s Manual development and release
- Responsible for the generation of Presentation materials and training
- Test Procedure development and release
- This position may require a DoD Security Clearance, must meet the qualifications and requirements for approval.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 4 years of prior relevant experience in EE or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior Electrical Engineering experience.
- Experience in either Analog or Digital Circuit Design.
- Experience with generate schematics with digital and analog electronic circuits.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience in complex circuit design in Analog, Digital, or RF electronics.
- Experience with GPS Electronics / Circuit Design.
- A/D and D/A Circuit Design, Interfacing and use experience
- Experience with industry standard EDA tools including schematic capture, PCB layout and FPGA development/simulation.
- Experience in development of military products, a plus.