About L3Harris Technologies:
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Mechanical Engineering Senior Associate
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
L3Harris has an immediate opening for a Senior Associate Mechanical Engineer in Anaheim, CA. The ideal candidate for this position will have practical knowledge mechanical engineering processes including design and layout for individual devices and complete systems. Systems will include electronics racks, electro-mechanical module shells, ISO shelters, and ships deck mounted equipment. Candidate will prepare design specification, conduct analysis with recommendation for presentation and approval. Analyzes mechanical requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Investigates solutions to product or process problems. Consolidates results of mechanical design elements for assigned projects.
- Develop design documentation that includes drawings, specifications and data items that meet customer and military specifications
- Directly interface with members of the product development team to produce high quality/dependable products. Members impacted by mechanical design include: Electrical Engineering, Test Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Systems Engineering, Safety Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Verification Engineering, PCB Design, and Management teams
- Lead design modifications for existing products, frequently driven by vendor or manufacturing requested changes or component obsolescence
- Represent mechanical engineering at all customer meetings: SRR, PDR, CDR, TRR and TIMs
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Mechanical and electro-mechanical design in 3D CAD (Custom design and COTS integration)
- Develop and manage part system, subsystem and component data through the PLM environment
- Perform and generate report of stress, thermal, shock and vibration analysis using FEA software
- Modify existing designs for new applications
- Understand configuration management as it applies to product documentation
- Assist with design verifications
- Assist with the fabrication and test of prototype hardware
- Perform and/or oversee design verification tests IAW plan/instructions
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that is cooperative and supportive of customers, co-workers and managers
- Work under moderate supervision to set objectives and complete tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills inside and outside the organization
- Ability and willingness to travel (typically less than 10 days per year)
- Contribute to the completion of routine technical tasks. Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious effect on schedules and programs.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
- Be action-oriented, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Position does require applicant to apply for, receive, and maintain a Secret clearance
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years of post-secondary; Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience; Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0-2 years of prior related experience.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.