Systems Engineer Specialist
Job ID: IMS20220802-76737
Job Location: Anaheim, CA
L3 Harris Technologies has an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer in Anaheim, CA. The ideal candidate for this position will be proficient in all aspects of the systems engineering process, will have direct and significant experience designing and testing complex systems, and will be comfortable coordinating teams of technical personnel.
- Serve as a Systems Engineer in the development, integration, fielding and operational support of various flight test instrumentation systems used to track and collect data from missile flights. Responsibilities will include:
- Perform systems engineering duties for multiple systems simultaneously
- Requirements analysis and management
- Generate performance and design specifications
- Perform system synthesis and develop system architectures
- Manage and coordinate system interfaces with other connected systems
- Evaluate of design changes to assess impact to interfaces
- Perform trade studies, root cause analysis and other technical investigations
- Contribute to and present during customer design reviews
- Perform system test activities including test planning, test conduct and test reporting
- Interface with the other engineering disciplines (e.g., mechanical, electrical, software) to insure proper coordination of the systems aspects of the project
- Perform Modeling and Simulation (M&S) development, performance analyses, and maintenance
- Support Digital Engineering and Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
- Must be able to travel (typically less than 30 days per year)
- Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret clearance are required for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM)
- 4+ years of experience of applied design and Systems Engineering large and complex systems or 2+ yrs of exp with a MS Degree.
- Direct experience working with at least one of the following technologies: Underwater Acoustics, Telemetry, Communications, Optics, and/or Radar
- Experience with military standards including MIL-STD-461 and MIL-STD-810
- Experience interpreting drawings, schematics and cabling diagrams.
- Experience with DOORS requirements management software.
- Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework is a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills