Security Software Engineering Specialist
Req #: IMS20220102-76228
Location: Anaheim, CA
“L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation is seeking a highly motivated individual interested in a career in embedded software development and embedded system security, which includes encryption and communication security (COMSEC). In addition to mastering embedded software development, success in this position requires an ability to understand the overall system, apply creative thinking and perform work with extreme attention to detail.
- Work on a variety of navigation solutions including Global Positioning Systems (GPS). These solutions include embedded system AT (which emcompasses the engineering activities intended to prevent and/or delay exploitation of critical technologies in US weapon systems.
- Develop the entire lifecycle of systems acquisition (including research, design, development, implementation and testing of AT measures).
- Support COMSEC development activities including cryptography for data and communications security aimed at preventing adversaries from intercepting and exploiting communications, data in transit and data at rest.
- This position will require a DOD security clearance (Secret or higher). Must meet qualifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent STEM degree).
- 4 years of progressive, technical (hands-on) experience related to Design and Development in (HW/SW), Anti-Tamper, Cybersecurity or Software Assurance
- 2+ years experience designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time Embedded security-oriented solutions on Department of Defense (DoD) programs
- Experience in design, analysis and implementation of embedded design.
- Experience in embedded software implementation.
- Experience in System Integrity, NSA Security design, or related field
- Experience with system test, both creation of test plans and test execution
- Prior experience with Side Channel Analysis and Fault Attacks as well as an understanding of the design and implementation of embedded system counter-measures.
- Experience working with Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experienced in writing and presenting papers on research topics (aka “White Papers”).
- Experience in GPS receiver development and/or GPS system design.
- Experienc with Earned Value Management System (EVMS), Microsoft Project, requirements analysis tools (e.g., DOORS) and peer review products
- Experience interfacing with senior program and functional management
- Has experience working with multidisciplinary teams of engineers on embedded systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills