At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative, and growing. We are embracing innovative technologies to enable our business to grow at an unprecedented rate and are looking for great people to help drive this transformation. Technology is at the heart of NM’s Digital Transformation and we are hiring dedicated software engineers across our engineering organization to deliver on this transformation and help build NM’s future. As a member of our engineering team, you will find innovative ways to develop resilient, sustainable, secure, scalable solutions to create an exemplary experience for our user base while working with a highly collaborative and agile-minded team. You will partake in and contribute to an open, collaborative culture where values are shared, and performance is rewarded. More than anything we are seeking to explore and develop novel new ideas in programming and personal finance. Join us at the forefront of FinTech innovation!
- Build and deliver new applications and features while optimizing existing components
- Support, troubleshoot, and manage our application design and integrations
- Write automated tests via TDD to develop effective, reusable, and flexible code
- Build logic in isolated, independent, reusable components
- Ability to address user interface problems, independently and as part of a team
- Actively participate in team code evaluations
Potential technologies you’ll be working with: NodeJS, React/Redux, ES6, Java/Spring, AWS, Kafka, Webpack, Docker, Kubernetes, Git/Gitlab, CSS, Enterprise Databases (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres, or MySQL), Jira, Enzyme/Jest/Mocha, REST API.
- Collaborate and communicate successfully and effectively with team members. Includes but not limited to: participating in daily scrum stand ups, pair programming, engaging in peer code reviews, and using collaboration tools like Slack and Skype.
- Be a phenomenal teammate: contribute to our diverse culture, invent new ways to address industry needs, criticize constructively, and help create a world-changing company
- Personal accountability for delivering high-quality, flexible code in a fast-paced environment
- Detailed and organized, curious and persistent – eager to find solutions to complex business needs, and not afraid to dig into issues and resolve problems
- Growth mindset: strong desire to learn new things and a willingness to expand and experiment
- BS in computer science, engineering or an equivalent field, classroom programming experience