Why manufacturing at Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the #1Best Workplace in Manufacturing and Production in the United States by Fortune Magazine since 2017!
Are you interested in getting hands-on experience with products that are making an impact on people’s lives? As a member of our manufacturing team, that is exactly what you will do! At Stryker, you will join a team of amazing people who treat each other like family, while working with products that are improving and saving people’s lives.
Need another reason to apply? Here are 5 reasons to join our manufacturing team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/5-reasons-to-join-strykers-manufacturing-team
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Who we want-
- Goal-oriented orchestrators. People who can effectively coordinate and focus the work of skilled employees toward an important goal, prioritizing to the right activities that lead to success.
- Talent developers. Growth-oriented managers who recruit and hire top-performing talent and prioritize the development of their team members.
- Metrics-oriented managers. People who are always tracking important business metrics to ensure projects meet expectations and budget.
What you will do-
You will oversee a portion of the assembly business on 1st shift. You will be responsible for team performance in the areas of safety, quality, delivery and performance to budget, team building, employee engagement, new product implementation, capacity and production planning.
- Use data and other inputs to identify, prioritize, and deliver on business and customer needs
- Be accountable for meeting and/or exceeding business objectives including but not limited to safety, quality, delivery, customer experience, people development and cost
- Allocate and lead resources in area based on production schedule and standards
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Understand the technical aspects of the business and utilize the necessary resources to address and resolve issues through problem solving
- Participate in and may identify cost reduction initiatives to deliver on financial projections
- Partner with other business unit leaders on projects or operations initiatives to align when appropriate
- Collect various metrics and compile to forecast business needs
- Attend daily meetings and communicate business results /metrics clearly at all levels of the operations business
- Fill in for Operations Manager as needed
- Provide developmental coaching and guidance to team in the areas of performance management, communication, and adhering to company polices
- Be responsible for the recruitment and hiring of talent
- Manage labor through over time approval and timecard management
- Achieve employee engagement by being responsible and accountable for actions promoting an environment that fosters personal growth and development
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement through the support of business and process improvements including but not limited to 6S, lean manufacturing initiatives, etc.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement projects through teamwork, empowerment, consultative problem solving, and operating with honesty and integrity while providing a highly responsive and unsurpassed level of customer service
- Be accountable for team training compliance and guidance to team members, while ensuring a proper tracking of competencies
What you need-
- Bachelor’s degree required; in lieu of a degree, 6+ years of equivalent experience will be considered, in addition to the requirement below
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment – highly preferred
- Prior leadership or supervisory experience – highly preferred
- Excellent organization, planning and communication skills -highly preferred
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com